Alubarna is the capital city of Alabasta.
Layout, Architecture and LocationsEdit
Alubarna is built on a plateau near an oasis, to the northeast of Alabasta. It is located north of Nanohana and west of Tamarisk. Like several other cities in Alabasta, most of Alubarna's structures follow the conventions of Islamic architecture, such as domed buildings and towers.
Access to the city is done through five long flights of stairs located to the west, southwest, south, southeast and east. The southern gate is considered the main entrance, being the one Koza and his rebel army used to break into the city. The southeastern gate also features a group of ruins nearby, where Usopp and Tony Tony Chopper faced Mr. 4 and Miss Merry Christmas.
The Alubarna Palace (アルバーナ宮殿 Arubāna Kyūden?) is where the royal family and their servants live, located in the center of Alubarna. It boasts many luxuries, including a lush rooftop garden, a massive bathhouse, and secret passageways.
During the Alabasta civil war, Princess Nefertari Vivi nearly detonated the palace in a last-ditch attempt to divert the combatants. Her efforts were easily thwarted by the war's orchestrator Crocodile, who almost threw her to her death from the battlements. Shortly after, Crocodile and Monkey D. Luffy held their second battle on the rooftop garden, and the former eventually obliterated it with his Suna Suna abilities.
Medi Assembly HallEdit
The Medi Assembly Hall (メディ議事堂 Medi Gijidō?) is located in the North Block, two great battles took place around it. In front of the hall Zoro won a battle against Mr. 1, while behind it, Nami managed to defeat Ms. Doublefinger. Not much else is known about it.
The Polka Street (ポルカ通り Poruka Dōri?) is located in the South Block, it is the location where a fierce battle took place between Sanji and Mr. 2 Bon Clay, which Sanji eventually won. Not much else is known about this street.
Central City SquareEdit
Central City Square is a large, circular area where people can meet. It lies just outside of the Alabasta Palace. The first and final confrontation between the Rebel Army and the Royal Guards took place here, at the climax of the Alabasta Arc.
There is a large open area at the very top of the tower and behind the clock's face, which can only be accessed from a specific pair of stairs somewhere on the bottom floor. There are other stairs in the building that allow access to upper floors, but they do not lead to the clock tower proper.
At the time, Crocodile planned to launch a bomb from there, due to the large open space and the close proximity to the Central City Square. The bomb was guarded by Mr. 7 and Miss Father's Day, skilled Snipers who could shoot down anyone who came close to the tower.
Tomb of the KingsEdit
The Tomb of Kings is located west of the Alubarna Palace and is where the royalty of Alabasta are buried. There is also a hidden chamber containing Alabasta's poneglyph, which presumably informs about the location of one of the Ancient Weapons, the warship Pluton.
This is where Luffy and Crocodile had their third and final battle, with Luffy managing to blast Crocodile through Alubarna's bedrock. The tomb ended up collapsing during the aftermath of the fight, presumably burying down everything inside.
|Nefertari Cobra||Nefertari Titi †||Nefertari Vivi|
Royal Guards and Palace Staff
|Maidy||Hyota †||Brahm †||Arrow †||Barrel †|
|Karoo||Stomp||Ivan X||Cowboy||Bourbon Jr.|
- †: the character is deceased.
- *: the character's status is unknown, or show additional information. Hovering the symbol may give further details.
- ≠: the character is non-canon.
- ‡: the character is no longer part of this group. Hovering the symbol may give further details.
|This is an empty section. Please help the wiki by adding information to it.|
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 20 Chapter 182 (p. 4), Kohza orders his army to break in from the southern gate.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 20 Chapter 183 (p. 17-19), Usopp and Chopper versus Mr. 4 and Miss Merry Christmas
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 21 Chapter 187 (p. 18-19) and Episode 115.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 21 Chapter 189 (p. 18-19) and Episode 116.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 22 Chapter 198 and Episode 121.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 22 Chapter 201 (p. 9-11) and Episode 122.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 23 Chapter 212 (p. 11-13) and Episode 127.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 18 Chapter 163 and Episode 96, First appearance of the city square.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 22 Chapter 196 and Episode 120, First appearance of the clock tower.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 23 Chapter 208 (p. 10-11) and Episode 125.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 22 Chapter 205 (p. 17), Vivi explains the clock tower's layout.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 22 Chapter 205 (p. 5), Miss Father's Day shoots Pell down.