|The following article has no references to the official sources.|
Amazon Lily is a jungle island located within the Calm Belt. Due to the island's location, there is no wind or storm ever on Amazon Lily. The focal point of the island is a large mountain situated in the center. It is carved with gigantic curved snake statues and the name of the native tribe of the island, Kuja, engraved in Kanji. Within the center of the mountain is a deep valley where the Kuja tribe village is located. The architecture and decor of the village resemble that of ancient China.
Due to the lack of men, the Kuja have to leave the island to conceive children. When they do give birth, the children are always female and the mothers return to this island to have their daughters raised and nurtured by their society. It is a firm and influential belief in their culture that strength equals beauty.
The currency used by the Kuja in Amazon Lily is "Gor", in place of Belly. It is unknown how much Gor is worth in proportion to Belly; however, due to the isolation nature of the island, it can be assumed that the Gor has lower value than Belly from the lack of trading.
Due to the Calm Belt being infested by Sea Kings, Amazon Lily is naturally protected against outsiders. However with new Seastone technologies invented by Dr. Vegapunk, this protection has begun to erode. As such, the only method to keeping outsiders from entering is for the empress of the tribe, Boa Hancock to maintain her position as a Shichibukai, and sign a treaty with the World Government for their continued protection. This treaty would be nullified if Hancock refused to live up to her duties as a Shichibukai.
As part of the Kuja's belief, men are forbidden on the island, but Monkey D. Luffy is an exception, as the empress has fallen in love with him. Indeed, even though the Heart Pirates were given an exception among exceptions due to them caring for Luffy, they were still forbidden from crossing the border of the country.
Their society is apparently meritocratic in nature, as Hancock apparently did not inherit the position. This would indicate that rank is determined by skill.
- Body Mushroom
- Giant boar
- Laughing Mushroom
- Angry Mushroom
- Crying Mushroom
- Oda originally intended to have Amazon Lily appear later in the story. He brought its role forward so that it would be complete before his daughter began school (due to the large number of scantily clad women on the island).
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 53 Chapter 514 (p. 19) and Episode 408, The island of Amazon Lily is introduced
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 53 Chapter 516 (p. 4) and Episode 410.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 53 Chapter 514 (p. 6-8) and Episode 408.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 53 Chapter 515 (p. 2-3) and Episode 409.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 53
Chapter 515 (p. 5) and Episode 409. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "c515p5" defined multiple times with different content
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 53 Chapter 516 (p. 8-11) and Episode 410.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 53 Chapter 517 (p. 9) and Episode 411.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 59 Chapter 582 (p. 5-6) and Episode 491.
- Inside Eiichiro Oda's House - Honma Dekka!? TV - January 9, 2019