- East Blue Saga. This page lists all animal species encountered in the
A "Monstrous Bird" (怪鳥 Kaichō?) is a large, pink bird with a downward-curved, beige beak, and dark blue feathering on the edge of the wings and tail and on the top of the head.
Island of Rare Animals
- Further information: Island of Rare Animals
As the name says, this island is inhabited by many rare animals most of which are hybrids of two or more normal animals.
The animals inhabiting the island include:
- A Fox/rooster hybrid (Cocox)
- A Snake/rabbit hybrid (Usagihebi)
- A Pig/lion hybrid (Lionbuta)
- A Giraffe/dog hybrid
- Poodle/duck hybrids
- A Bear/tiger hybrid
- A Zebra/ostrich hybrid
- Panda/bat hybrids
- A Hippo/gorilla hybrid
- Platypus/sheep hybrids
- A Tiger/elephant hybrid
- Rhinoceros/kangaroo hybrids
- A giant cow/tortoise hybrid
- A giant crab
Big Bird (大鳥 ōtori?) is a large bird that tried to eat Buggy in order to get revenge on him for trying to eat one of his chicks. Buggy did not taste good, so he spat him out. It first appeared in Chapter 39 and Episode 46.
Blue-Finned Elephant Tuna
A Blue-Finned Elephant Tuna (エレファント・ホンマグロ Erefanto Honmaguro?, Elephant True Bluefin in the Viz Manga and Titanic Tuna in the 4Kids dub) is a fish that comes from the South Blue and has elephant-like features. It is classified as type "A" creatures "Big Friendly". The first one appeared in Chapter 98 and Episode 51, in which Sanji bought/won from Loguetown.
Sanji bought one, while in the anime, Sanji competed in a contest against another cook, Carmen and won it. Once the Straw Hat Pirates reached Twin Capes Lighthouse and settled down, Sanji prepared the fish into an elaborate meal for everyone while they were speaking with Crocus in Twin Cape. Usopp and Sanji were paying attention to Nami and Crocus's conversation while, unbeknown to them, Monkey D. Luffy ate up the rest of the fish, including the bones.
Another one has appeared in the Thriller Bark, when Oars, powered by Luffy's shadow demands food to satisfying his hunger, a large bundle of food was provided, including an elephant tuna. While feeding Oars, the zombies realized that it was a salted fish that could kill Oars if he ate it. The zombies got rid of it at the last second.
Concludes non-canon section.
A Sennenryu (千年竜 Sen'nen-ryū?, literally meaning "Thousand Year Dragon" or "Millennium Dragon", known as a Millennial Dragon in the FUNimation dub) comes from Warship Island's mostly submerged Dragon's Nest.
Every 1000 years, they return to the nest to give birth and die. Their bones, when extracted to create an elixir, can grant eternal youth, which is what Nelson and Eric desired. The only named one is Ryu, though a huge group did gather during the Dragon's Nest's rising. They only appear in the anime on the Warship Island Arc, and first appeared in Episode 55, but are also referenced in the Ocean's Dream arc.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 6 Chapter 50, cover story: Buggy's Crew Adventure Chronicles Vol. 11 and Episode 46, A giant crab attacks Buggy's raft.
- One Piece Blue: Grand Data File, Classification of Animal threat level.
- One Piece Anime — Episode 205.
- One Piece Anime — Episode 352.
- One Piece Anime — Episode 426.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 66 Chapter 655 (p. 17) and Episode 579, Zoro sees Dragon Number Thirteen.