- The subject of this article has also been referred to as Alabasta.
The Arabasta Kingdom is a desert kingdom in Paradise. It was the fourth island that the Straw Hat Pirates visited on the Grand Line, and the events here resulted in Luffy's bounty being raised to 100,000,000, and Zoro acquiring a bounty of 60,000,000.
Arabasta is an established kingdom with a long history. It is located on Sandy Island (サンディ
- Kingdom Name: Arabasta
- Current King: Nefertari Cobra
- Important People: Nefertari Vivi (Princess), Chaka (Head Guard), Pell (Head Guard), Igaram (Royal Guard Captain), Koza (Rebel Leader, Minister of Environment)
- Current Affiliations: Straw Hat Pirates, World Government
- Poneglyph: Yes (Tomb of the Kings)
- Population: Over 10 million 
Arabasta's architecture is very similar to Middle Eastern and Moorish buildings. However, the styles vary between cities.
The capital city of Arabasta has white, simple buildings. The palace is grand and resembles the architecture of Enies Lobby, except more colorful.
The city plan of Alubarna is round and similar to the old design plans of Iraq during the era of the Abbasid caliphate. Due to the Middle Eastern influences on Arabasta, it is possible that the city of Alubarna is designed based on Baghdad.
Rainbase and Nanohana
Both Rainbase and Nanohana have similar architecture, with Rainbase's resembling a classic nineteenth century American town, with white walls, similar to those in Alubarna. Nanohana is extremely similar, but the designs seems closer to Alubarna's, with taller buildings.
Landmarks and Cities
Cities are central gathering places for the citizens of Arabasta. Arabasta is a very old country; there are few oases, but where they exist a town is likely built around it. Some older cities are now in ruins, while new ones also exist. The Sandora Desert is extremely desolate, and is usually only entered for travel. The cities are further divided by the Sandora River, which splits the country in half.
There are 7 known cities in Arabasta (8 if non-canon is included). Two of them are port towns situated on the south and east sides of the island.
- Further information: Alubarna
Alubarna is the capital city of Arabasta, and is rich in culture. It is an extremely large city, on a huge rock. Stairs are carved and paved for entrance to the city. It is extremely circular, and features both a clock tower and the Arabasta Royal Palace. Just outside the city exist the Royal Tomb, there is a forest where Zoro got lost in, and the Tomb of the Kings.
The Alubarna Clock tower is an extremely tall building, resembling Big Ben in England. There is a large open area at the very top of the tower. The top of the clock tower can only be accessed from the stairs on the bottom floor, and going up the stairs for the building it rests upon will get you nowhere. At the time, Crocodile planned to launch a bomb from there, due to the large open space and the close proximity to the Central City Square. This is a large, circular area where people can meet. It resides just outside of the Arabasta Royal Palace. The first and final confrontation between the Rebel Army and the Arabasta Royal Army took place here, at the climax of the Arabasta Arc.
- Further information: Nanohana
Nanohana is a port-town in south-east Arabasta. It is the central port city, and handles the most import and exports in all of Arabasta that goes to outside. It is famous for its perfume, which is very pungent to those that aren't used to it. Nanohana is the "Little Flower" of Arabasta. Nano is an English word for "very tiny", and hana is the Japanese word for "flower". This possibly hints the city may have many cultures within it.
- Further information: Yuba
Yuba is a small town, only about 8–10 years old. It was started by Toto and his son, Koza. It has a very unique, dirt like style of architecture. This town was abandoned (except by Toto) after many sandstorms came. The Rebel Army relocated after this to Katorea. After the events of the defeated Crocodile, most people went to Yuba and try to rebuild it.
- Further information: Erumalu
Erumalu is an ancient city. It was known as the Green City, but is now all ruins. The city itself resides in a region that lacks large amounts of rain.
- Further information: Rainbase
Rainbase is one of the few thriving towns left. The casino, Rain Dinners is here, and under it is Crocodile's base. A pyramid-shaped building, it seems like a normal casino, and acts as one. Behind the scenes, Crocodile was secretly scheming against the King.
- Further information: Katorea
Katorea is a city only seen very briefly. It is just north-east of Nanohana, a short ride away. The only view shown is in a filler scene where Chopper accidentally falls asleep in the back of a caravan and travels there, where he meets Matsuge the camel. While Nanohana is the city that is famous for its perfume, Katorea is where said perfume is made.
- Further information: Tamarisk
Concludes non-canon section.
Landmarks are memorable places around Arabasta.
- Further information: Sandora Desert
The Sandora Desert is a large desert that makes up the majority of the land of Arabasta that is not inhabited near oases.
- Further information: Sandora River
The Sandora River is a large river the runs through Arabasta, right down the center.
Tomb of the Kings
- Further information: Tomb of the Kings
The Tomb of the Kings is the royal tomb where the members of the royal family are buried. It is just outside of Alubarna, located underground beneath ordinary tombs, and accessed through a secret staircase. It was destroyed by Nefertari Cobra in an attempt to kill Crocodile.
Ukkari Hot Spring Island Tunnel
- Further information: Gedatsu's Accidental Blue-Sea Life
This tunnel consists of an underground passage that directly connects Arabasta to the Ukkari Hot-Spring Island. It was accidentally dug up by the Dirt Boss, under the orders of Goro and Gedatsu, and then converted into a bus system for the transportation of customers headed by Hasami.
The symbol of Arabasta Kingdom is a sun consisting of a circle with 8 curved drop shapes around it. It was first revealed in Chapter 130. When Vivi reads about the war in Arabasta the newspaper, a flashback of the kingdom's flag being burned is shown. The flag bears the sun sign. The shield of an Arabasta soldier in Chapter 182 also shows this symbol.
It is also seen on the sleeves of Sanji's overcoat and on Igaram's fan when he disguises as Vivi (the latter only has 5 shapes around the circle, though). Further, a Den Den Mushi seen in Chapter 216 shows a 6 shapes' symbol.
|Nefertari Cobra||Nefertari Titi †||Nefertari Vivi|
Royal Guards and Palace Staff
|Maidy||Hyota †||Brahm †||Arrow †||Barrel †|
|Karoo||Stomp||Ivan X||Cowboy||Bourbon Jr.|
|Goro ‡||Kamonegi ≠||Camus ≠||Kung Fu Dugong ‡||Igaram Jr. ≠|
|Fata ≠||Mari ≠||Sandora Desert Bandits ≠||Reporter ≠|
Baroque Works ‡
|Crocodile ‡||Nico Robin ‡||Paula ‡||Mr. Mellow||Mr. Love|
|Geronimo ≠||Banchi||Erimaki Runners|
|Sea Cat||Kung-Fu Dugongs||Warusagi Birds||Sandora Lizard||Bananawani|
|F-Wani||Sandora Catfish||Giant Scorpion ≠||Giant Gecko ≠|
- †: the character is deceased.
- ?: the character's status is unknown.
- ≠: the character is non-canon.
- ‡: the character is no longer part of this group. Hovering the symbol may give further details.
- *: other relevant information. Hovering the symbol gives further details.
Arabasta has a long, and illustrious history. According to Nico Robin, the country has existed since 500 years before the Void Century, perhaps even longer. The royal Palace of Alubarna predates the kingdom itself, having existed for around 4000 years.
800 years ago, the Nefertari royal family was one of the twenty royal families who founded the World Government. Notably, they are the only family to remain in rule of their own country, rather than moving to Mary Geoise and letting new royalty take over.
The poneglyph, as read by Nico Robin, tells about the early days of Arabasta.
- Kahira conquers Arabasta (Arabasta's history, date: Year of Heaven 239. Information supplied by Nico Robin)
- The Bitein Dynasty of Taymar begins its rule (Arabasta's history, date: Year 260. Information supplied by Nico Robin)
- Great Taph Temple completed in Erumalu (Arabasta's history, date: Year 306. Information supplied by Nico Robin)
- The Hero of Oltea, Mamudin... (Arabasta's history, date: Year 325. Information supplied by Nico Robin, however she was not allowed to finish the sentence.)
This poneglyph supposedly only tells the location of the Pluton, but the specific details are not expounded upon.
- Further information: Arabasta Arc
The Royal Family are seen to be boarding their ship to set sail for the Levely
Wano Country Arc
After the Levely, a huge incident involving Arabasta occurred and the Marines were working on resolving the situation.
Translation and Dub Issues
It was long debated whether the proper name was Arabasta or Alabasta. The error was because of the 'R' and 'L' pronunciations. On the map of Alabasta, it was spelled as Arabasta, hence the popularity. In Chapter 823, it was spelled as "Arabasta" on the sails of a ship.
- According to Rurubu One Piece, Arabasta was inspired by India.
- Many things about and relating to Arabasta (i.e. the geography, architecture and culture) also heavily resemble elements of ancient Egypt and the modern Middle East.
- Arabasta's name may come from the Arabian Penninsula, which as a region has been known as "Arabia" for many centuries.
- The name may also come from alabaster, a mineral commonly found in ancient Egyptian artifacts.
- According to Crocodile, the prevailing winds of Arabasta always blow from north to south, which was why all his sandstorms continually hit Yuba.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 13 Chapter 113 (p. 15) and Episode 78, Arabasta is mentioned by Igaram.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 24 Chapter 218 and Episode 130, Nefertari Cobra states what the poneglyph in the crypt shows
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 73 Chapter 722 (p. 19) and Episode 653, Donquixote Doflamingo mentions the Nefertari Family among the twenty founding kings.
- SBS One Piece Manga — Vol. 24, Arabasta's population.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 17 Chapter 155 (p. 2) and Episode 92, Nanohana is first seen.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 36 Chapter 341, cover story: Gedatsu's Accidental Blue-Sea Life Vol. 25.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 36 Chapter 342, cover story: Gedatsu's Accidental Blue-Sea Life Vol. 26.