|Ahoy! This here is the 66th Featured Article.
"Babe" has been featured, meaning it was chosen as an article of interest.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Abilities and Powers
- 4 History
- 5 Major Battles
- 6 Merchandise
- 7 Trivia
- 8 References
- 9 Site Navigation
Babe is rather tall and fat, has big lips, and wears a green shirt that covers most of his body with black pants and gray running shoes. Like all other officer agents, his number is expressed somewhere on his clothing or his person. He has an obscure "4" design on his shirt, as well as a "4" on his baseball bat.
During Miss Goldenweek's "Operation: Meet Baroque Works", he wore a typical striped prisoner uniform and retained his scarf.
Babe was the slow and dimwitted partner of Miss Merry Christmas. He seems incapable of thinking for himself at all and often just does as his partner tells him to do. He laughs freely, but speaks rarely—in contrast to his partner. He speaks very slowly, usually taking most of a scene to articulate a short sentence. However, before he swings his bat he screams "Fore!" slowly, something which is slightly odd as this action is more associated with the sport of golf instead of baseball.
Abilities and Powers
He is one of two officer agents without a Devil Fruit ability, the other being Miss Goldenweek. He is tremendously strong, able to wield a baseball bat that weighs 4-tons with no effort and his bat swings can destroy bricks from long distances from the shockwaves alone.
However, he is also extremely slow in nature and would not succeed without Miss Merry Christmas handling the "intelligence". His slow tendencies only apply to his intellect and casual walking speed though, as he is able to travel in Miss Merry Christmas' tunnels at tremendous speed and hit several baseballs at once. Crocodile has noted that he and his partner are actually stronger in terms of physical power than the Mr. 3 team, but are a lower rank because Mr. 3 is smarter and more tactical.
Mr. 4 and Miss Merry Christmas have great teamwork during battle, with Mr. 4 being capable of using Miss Merry Christmas' hole network to surprise the enemy and Miss Merry Christmas can restrain the enemy or even bring him closer to Mr. 4 so he can directly strike the enemy with his bat.
Babe has a dog called Lassoo, which was originally a gun, but "ate" the Inu Inu no Mi, Model: Dachshund, a Devil Fruit, and became a gun-dog. Lassoo shoots timed exploding baseballs that weigh as much as cannonballs, even when he sneezes (when he's first introduced, he has a cold). Mr. 4 then takes out his 4-ton baseball bat and hits the balls at his enemies, launching them at great velocity and accuracy at different angles. Due to the weight, the cannonballs cannot be thrown back by an opponent of normal strength.
- Yonhyappon Punk Knock (四百本猛打ノック Yonhyappon Panku Nokku?, literally meaning "Four Hundred Punk Knock"): This attack is not named by him, but by his partner Drophy. Babe has Lassoo shoot a huge group of his exploding baseballs and then hits them back at a surprisingly swift speed into a cluster, so they detonate all at once and create a massive explosion. This attack is called 400 Base Hits in the Viz Manga and 400 Base Knock in the 4Kids and FUNimation dubs.
- Mogurazuka Yonban Kousaten (モグラ塚4番交差点 Mogurazuka Yonban Kōsaten?, literally meaning "Molehill Intersection Number 4"): A combo attack with Drophy, first, Drophy uses Mogurazuka Highway and carries the opponent past Babe who, upon hearing her call out the attack, smacks the captive with his 4-ton bat, causing massive damage. However, he may accidentally hit an ally as he is too dim witted to note differences in the voice. This is called Moletown Cleanup Hitter in the Viz Manga and the FUNimation dub of Movie 8, Woodchuck Batter Blaster in the 4Kids dub, and Molehill Intersection #4 in the FUNimation dub.
As members of Baroque Works, Babe (under his alias of "Mr. 4") and his partner Miss Merry Christmas were summoned by Mr. 0 to the Spiders Cafe in order to get their assignments for the final phase of Operation Utopia. While they waited for the other Officer Agents to arrive, Mr. 4 gave Miss Merry Christmas a back massage, and laughed at Mr. 2's dance.
Mr. 4 next traveled with the other Officer Agents to Rainbase, where it was revealed that Mr. 0 was actually the Warlord of the Sea Crocodile. After the revelation, Mr. 4 and his companions were informed of Baroque Work's true goal and the steps needed to fulfill it. For their specific mission, Mr. 4 and Miss Merry Christmas were assigned to kidnap King Nefertari Cobra, allowing for Mr. 2 to impersonate him and admit that he had been hoarding a supply of Dance Powder, inciting the Yuba rebels to attack the capital, Alubarna.
After completing their task, Mr. 4's team rejoined the other Officer Agents at Alubarna's gates, attempting to stop Nefertari Vivi from reaching the advancing rebels. Once the agents became unable to identify Vivi from the Straw Hat Pirates, Mr. 4 and Miss Merry Christmas unknowingly pursue Sanji and Tony Tony Chopper to the city's south-east gate. At first, Chopper had to fight the two alone as Sanji left to check on Vivi, but later Usopp arrives to assist him in fighting the Mr. 4 team in Sanji's place.
Shortly after Usopp arrives, Mr. 4 calls upon Lassoo; his anthropomorphic gun-dog, to assist him, much to the horror of Usopp and Chopper, who also note the apparent strength of Mr. 4's metal bat. Utilizing both Lassoo's exploding baseballs and Miss Merry Christmas' network of tunnels, the pair initially seemed to have the upper-hand against the Straw Hat Pirates. However, Mr. 4 becomes briefly incapacitated after he was hit over the head with a seemingly 5-ton hammer by Usopp.
After regaining consciousness from his injury and learning that the 5-ton hammer was actually a fake, Mr. 4 is ordered by his partner to attack Chopper with a volley of exploding baseballs. In the midst of dodging Mr. 4's baseball onslaught, Chopper realizes that all of Miss Merry Christmas' tunnels are connected. Throwing sand into Lassoo's face, Chopper has the dog sneeze into one of the holes, causing the tunnel network to erupt and catch Mr. 4 and his comrades in a massive explosion.
Having survived Chopper's plan, Miss Merry Christmas grabs Usopp by his feet and drags him towards Mr. 4. Together, they successfully execute the Mogurazuka Yonban Kousaten technique, leading to Usopp being struck in the head by Mr. 4's metal baseball bat. After Usopp survives the blow, the pair ready to preform the attack again. However, Usopp is able to slip out of Miss Merry Christmas' grasp and Chopper picks her up with his horns, continuing to run at Mr. 4. Then, disguising his voice to be that of his partner, Usopp calls for Mr. 4 to preform the attack. He does so, unknowingly hitting Miss Merry Christmas with his bat instead of Usopp. With Mr. 4 having become distracted by the revelation, Usopp defeats the officer agent by shooting an extremely fast hammer at him, knocking Mr. 4 (as well as Lassoo) into a nearby stone structure. An unconscious Mr. 4 and Miss Merry Christmas were then hit by one of Lassoo's exploding baseballs which fell from his mouth.
After Operation Utopia failed with the defeat of Crocodile, Mr. 4 was found and arrested by the Marines headed by Tashigi. He, along with the other arrested Baroque Works agents were then sent to prison.
Miss Goldenweek's "Operation: Meet Baroque Works"
Mr. 4 later appears in a Marine prison alongside Crocodile and Mr. 1 in Miss Goldenweek's chapter title mini-story. After some time had passed, they were visited by the most unexpected of visitors, Miss Goldenweek and the Mr. 5 team. With a mission to free their imprisoned colleagues, Miss Goldenweek and her group infiltrated the Marine base and freed Mr. 4 from his cell.
As the group made their escape, Miss Goldenweek uses her abilities to make the former agents reveal their dreams, with Mr. 4's wanting to be a pizza delivery boy. Later, the group finds an abandoned saloon, and transform it into a new Spiders Cafe, with Mr. 4 now working there as a pizza delivery boy.
- One Piece: Treasure Wars
- Grand Battle! Swan Colosseum
- Treasure Wars 2 Welcome to Buggyland
- Aim! The King of Berry
- One Piece: Pirates Carnival
- One Piece Romance Dawn: The Dawn of the Adventure
- Babe is likely named after the famous baseball player Babe Ruth.
- Chopper describes him as a "4th batter" (４番バッター yon-ban battā?), referring to the baseball batting order where the fourth player (cleanup hitter) is traditionally the team's most powerful hitter. This also fits with his codename "Mr. 4".
- Babe's codename was initially planned to be Mr. Sunny Day, and Oda meant for him to look more aggressive than he did.
- Miss Goldenweek's Colors Trap reveals that his dream was to become a pizza delivery boy, which is ironic since pizza delivery boys are known to be fast with their deliveries ("Pizza within 30 hours" as his apron says, the saying usually used is minutes).
- A fan asked what would happen if Babe got struck by Foxy's Noro Noro no Mi (considering that Babe speaks very slowly). Oda, pretending to be Babe, gave a response but the example was short as there wasn't enough room on the page to post the full response.
- His favorite foods are apple tea and pizza. This follows the theme of Baroque Works Officer Agents having a type of tea as their favorite food.