Banzai is a tan-skinned man with spiked blonde hair. He has a wide face with an angular jaw. He wears a green and gray striped shirt, a beige undershirt, and an orange vest with bold buttons, gray edging, and a purple design on the front. He wears also wears a pale yellow sash around his waist, beige slacks, and black shoes.
Banzai is a fairly aggressive individual, as he attacked the Straw Hat Pirates with only a small amount of provocation. He can also get easily carried away, being easily distracted by Nefertari Vivi's hypnotic dance.
Abilities and Powers
Banzai is a surprisingly strong individual, as he was able to injure Monkey D. Luffy and his crew, suggesting above-average fighting ability. He also has impressive speed, as he was able to block against some of Luffy's attacks. Despite this he was defeated by the pirate, showing that his upper hand against the crew was primarily gained by their lapse in memory and ability to fight. Banzai, while able to fight on his own, often works alongside his underlings, commanding them and teaming up with them in combination attacks.
- Zako Stab (ザコスタッブ Zakosutabbu?, literally meaning "Small-fry Stab"): Banzai slashes downward at his opponent, releasing a shock wave similar to the techniques of Rankyaku.
- Zako Storm (ザコストーム Zakosutōmu?, literally meaning "Small-fry Storm"): Banzai and his subordinates, Bravo and Harasho, charge the enemy in a three-wave attack. Harasho kicks at the opponent, followed by a shot from Bravo's shotgun. To finish the combination, Banzai slashes downward at his opponent, releasing a shock wave similar to the techniques of Rankyaku.
- Zako no Chikai (ザコの誓い Zako no Chikai?, literally meaning "A Small-fry's Promise"): Banzai and his subordinates, Bravo and Harasho, form a circle, their arms on each others shoulders. Banzai states that they are strong, which the others agree to, boosting their mood.
- Zako Tag (ザコタッグ Zakotaggu?, literally meaning "Small-fry Tag"): Banzai and his subordinates, Bravo and Harasho, form a circle, their arms on each others shoulders. Banzai encourages the others to fight, boosting their mood.
One Piece: Ocean's Dream!
After the Straw Hat Pirates had their memories taken by Noko and Tatsu and washed up unconscious on an island, the crew woke up on the beach and tried to figure out what was going on in their amnesiac confusion. Having decided to work together, they approached the coast and heard the sound of Noko's seahorse flute. Banzai and his crew appeared before the Straw Hats and threatened Monkey D. Luffy, who challenged Banzai. Because Luffy, in his lapse of memory, could not remember how to fight, Banzai took the first assault, injuring his opponent as well as Roronoa Zoro and Sanji. He then attacked Nami and Tony Tony Chopper, but Mr. 2 Bon Kurei arrived to even the playing field, counterattacking the advancing pirate. Luffy, with the fighting guidance of Mr. 2, declared that he would fight Banzai one-on-one and defeated the pirate after regaining his ability to fight.
Later, Nami, Nico Robin, and Nefertari Vivi, when searching for some strange dolls that the Baroque Works supposedly sailed away from Whisky Peak with, they arrived at a secret island where they found said dolls. Vivi recognized the dolls as the ones used by Igaram on his ploy to deceive the other Baroque Works members during the Whisky Peak Arc. The Banzai Pirates noticed that the girls had found out "too much" and tried to prevent them from leaving the island, being defeated once again.
- Banzai Pirates vs. Straw Hat Pirates (interrupted by Mr. 2 Bon Kurei)
- Banzai vs. Monkey D. Luffy
- Banzai Pirates vs. Nami, Nico Robin and Nefertari Vivi
- One Piece: Ocean's Dream!, Banzai make his first appearance.