Belladonna is one of the Kuja of Amazon Lily, and the doctor of the island. She is the one who set Luffy on fire to get rid of the roots of the mushrooms he ate. She also revealed to Luffy that Marguerite was the one who saved him when the others Kuja were preparing to shoot him. She is later seen by Boa Hancock's side after she suffers from a mysterious disease.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
She has black hair and eyes and her skin tone is the same as most of the Kuja warriors. Another noticeable feature is her high cheek bones.
Like most Kuja warriors, she wears revealing clothes that are made of animal hide. She wears a green bandana over her forehead and pinkish-red lens-less glasses over the bandana.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Belladonna seems quite calm and relaxed at times of danger, such as when she lit Luffy on fire, and showed no concern or fear that her home would burn down.
She seems to be quite knowledgeable about medicine, despite being isolated from the rest of the world. Her medical abilities seem to be of high level and she is smart enough to know that Luffy`s rubbery body is not natural and that the Gorgon Sister’s powers do not come from slaying a gorgon as they claimed. However, she does not have knowledge about Devil Fruits.
Abilities and Powers[edit | edit source]
As a member of the Kuja tribe, it can be assumed that Belladonna also can use Haki. As a doctor, Belladonna has access to various medicines and knows how to perform surgery.
History[edit | edit source]
She was seen when Luffy first arrived at Amazon Lily, and treated his wounds and burned off the roots from the mushrooms. She also was there when Hancock was suffering from Love Sickness.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- She is named after the flower atropa belladonna, or "deadly nightshade". It is a medical plant, a reference to her status as a doctor.
- The plant itself got its name from the Italian words 'bella' ("beautiful") and 'donna' ("woman"), originating from its usage either as a facial cosmetic or to increase the pupil size in women.
- She is one of the few Kuja who seem to have second thoughts about the Gorgon Sisters' powers and she seems to think that Luffy's rubbery qualities are not natural even for a man.
References[edit | edit source]
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 53 Chapter 514 and Episode 408, Belladonna makes her debut.
- SBS One Piece Manga — Vol. 54, Belladonna is identified as a doctor.
- Vivre Card - One Piece Visual Dictionary , Belladonna's birthday is revealed.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 53 Chapter 514 and Episode 488, Belladonna sets Luffy alight.
[edit | edit source]