Appearance[edit | edit source]
Bishamon is a short man with reddish skin, a large head, and thin limbs. He has a prominent nose, round eyes, large cheeks, and an upturned bottom lip. He also has a small black mustache and eyebrows that arch downward. He wears a silver helmet with green flaps on the sides and a purple tuft in the back, a red and yellow striped collar, a green dress, and green sleeveless gloves.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Little is known about Bishamon's personality. Like the rest of the Orochi Oniwabanshu, he is rather loyal to Orochi. He is scared of spirits, as seen when Brook chased him and other members of his group.
Abilities and Powers[edit | edit source]
Bishamon is trained to be capable of moving around silently, as the group snuck up on Robin without her detecting them. He is also able to walk up the sides of surfaces, as seen when he stood on the vertical side of a railing.
History[edit | edit source]
Wano Country Arc[edit | edit source]
While Robin was sneaking around Orochi Castle, Bishamon and the rest of the Orochi Oniwabanshu silently appeared behind her. By the time Robin noticed them, the group surrounded her. When Robin escaped the group's clutches, Bishamon was surprised. On Fukurokuju's command, the Oniwabanshu scattered in the castle to find her. The group found and cornered Robin and Toko, but Brook scared Bishamon, Chome, and Daikoku before the latter realized Brook was unable to attack them.
On the day of the Fire Festival, Bishamon accompanied Orochi to Onigashima. After Kaido disposed of Orochi for his New Onigashima Project, Bishamon did not object to Fukurokuju swearing the Oniwabanshu's allegiance to Kaido when given the choice of joining the Beasts Pirates or death.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Bishamonten (毘沙門天?), or Bishamon (毘沙門?), is the Japanese name for Vaiśravaṇa, one of the Four Heavenly Kings in Buddhism. He is also a god of war, guardian of holy Buddhist sites, and one of the Seven Lucky Gods in Japanese folklore.
References[edit | edit source]
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 92 Chapter 931 (p. 12-13) and Episode 925, Bishamon debuts.
- One Piece Manga — Chapter 986 (p. 6).
- SBS One Piece Manga — Vol. 97 (p. 62), The names, heights, and special attacks of the Orochi Oniwabanshu are revealed.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 93 Chapter 933 (p. 5-7, 15) and Episode 928, Robin and Brook face the Orochi Oniwabanshu.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 93 Chapter 932 (p. 5-6) and Episode 926, The Orochi Oniwabanshu split up to find Robin.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 94 Chapter 945 (p. 7) and Episode 943, The Orochi Oniwabanshu arrives to Yasuie's execution site.
[edit | edit source]