Bongo is a decrepit, thickset man with messy light hair gathered into a topknot. He wears a dotted kimono with a tattered dark robe over it.
Bongo is a very corrupt and greedy man, as he worked to create dangerous fires so he could sell lumber to the people who needed to rebuild the burned down buildings.
Bongo took great pride in his wealth, but he is foolish enough to be deceived into giving it all away. He was driven to despair after he was swindled by Komurasaki, leading him to go all the way toward trying to kill the courtesan to avenge his destitution.
Abilities and Powers
When attacking Komurasaki, Bongo wielded a knife. He does not seem to be skilled in using it, though, as he was quickly cut down by Komurasaki's guard.
However, Bongo was one day courted by the oiran Komurasaki, who expressed a desire to live with him if he bought her freedom. Bongo gave everything he had to purchase her freedom, only to find out she had deceived him and left him with nothing.
Wano Country Arc
When Komurasaki went to Orochi Castle for the shogun Kurozumi Orochi's banquet, Bongo, Bingo, and Bungo confronted her and attempted to attack her out of revenge for swindling them. However, they were swiftly struck down by Komurasaki's guard, and left in despair as she degraded them. They were then caught by the Flower Capital's police and exiled from the city for having no money.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 92 Chapter 928 (p. 8-10, 15-18) and Episode 921, Bongo makes his debut.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 93 Chapter 940 (p. 4) and Episode 936, Bongo's name and information are revealed.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 94 Chapter 953 (p. 14) and Episode 954, Bongo, Bingo, and Bungo are seen as graverobbers 13 years ago.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 93 Chapter 940 (p. 3-4).
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 93 Chapter 940 (p. 3-5) and Episode 936.