Brontosaurus was a large dinosaur with green skin and a long neck. Like more brontosauruses, he had a small head compared to its larger body.
Abilities and Powers
Little Garden Arc
Luffy and Vivi encountered Brontosaurus while exploring Little Garden. Luffy climbed up Brontosaurus's neck and stood on top of his head to look over Little Garden. Vivi warned Luffy to get down, but the pirate did not listen. Brontosaurus flipped Luffy back with his head and swallowed him in one gulp. Dorry had watched this and quickly decapitated Brontosaurus, freeing Luffy from its esophagus. Dorry cooked Brontosaurus, and they ate him.
Anime and Manga Differences
In the manga, Luffy and Vivi interact with only one dinosaur, Brontosaurus. In the anime, the scene is extended and includes multiple brontosauruses. Luffy and Vivi first encounter a young brontosaurus, and Luffy tries to get it to take him to another part of the island by grabbing and turning its head. The young brontosaurus cries out, and a group of adult brontosauruses comes to help it. Luffy swings and jumps between all of their heads before landing on a darker one covered in small scars. This is the one that swallows Luffy and is killed by Dorry in the anime. Because the roles of Brontosaurus are split between two brontosauruses, the young one and the scarred one, a clear identification cannot be made.
- The name is spelled as "Bronte Zaurus" in the website domain of ONE PIECE.com.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 13 Chapter 115 (p. 16-17), Luffy and Vivi encounter Brontosaurus.
- Vivre Card - One Piece Visual Dictionary (Card #0142), Brontosaurus's birthday is given
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 13 Chapter 116 (p. 8-10, 14), Brontosaurus is killed and eaten by Dorry.
- One Piece Anime — Episodes 70–71, Luffy's interaction with Brontosaurus is extended to include multiple brontosauruses.
- Brontosaurus's name is romanized in the website domain.