He is a tall man with a long squared face and a black afro. Like his twin brother, he also has thick lips. He wears a white shirt, a dark-color tie and jacket. Over them, he also wears a Marine high-ranking officer coat.
Abilities and PowersEdit
He's shown wearing a Marine high-rank officer coat, so he is supposed to be strong enough to get this rank.
While Andre became a pirate, Candre became a Marine.
One Piece Film: ZEdit
Concludes non-canon section.
Manga and Anime DifferencesEdit
In the anime, Candre was replaced with a Marine with brown hair, rather than black hair. The only resemblance this Marine bears with Candre are their jawline and puffy hair. In terms of actual resemblance to his twin brother or the manga version of him, he bears little similarity.
- In an SBS, a fan asked if Andre's and his twin brother Candre's names were a reference to Yōsui Inoue, a musician who debuted under the stage name Andre Candre and wore an afro at the time. Oda affirms it as well as saying that he knows nothing of Andre Candre, only knowing the name from television, and that there wasn't much thought behind it.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 One Piece Manga — Vol. 57 Chapter 557 (p. 10), Candre debuts.
- ↑ SBS One Piece Manga — Vol. 70, Andre is revealed to have a twin brother named Candre.
- ↑ SBS One Piece Manga — Vol. 70, Candre is said to have fought at the Battle of Marineford.
- ↑ One Piece Anime — Episode 466, Candre is replaced by a random Marine.
- ↑ SBS One Piece Manga — Vol. 71, Is this referencing Inoue Yousui-san from around his debut over 40 years ago?