Chap is a middle-aged man with short black hair, a short toothbrush mustache and a pointy chin sporting a goatee.
He dons military attire, including a commissar cap displaying the figure of a bird with its wings spread out, a coat hanging over his shoulders and a spotted tie. He also wears a pair of earrings and round sunglasses.
Not much is known about Chap's personality, aside from being known for encouraging allies into conflict with other nations.
Abilities and Powers
Anime and Manga Differences
In the anime, Chap is replaced with a nameless king during Charlos' failed attempt to enslave Shirahoshi. His role at the Levely is also expanded during Monkey D. Garp's conversation with Neptune at the Ryugu Palace, showing him silently pressuring another king into relenting to his nation's power.
- Chap's design may have taken inspiration from German dictator Adolf Hitler, specifically his military uniform and mustache.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 82 Chapter 823 (p. 7) and Episode 777, Chap makes his debut.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 90 Chapter 908 (p. 12-13) and Episode 889, Chap attends the Levely.
- Vivre Card - One Piece Visual Dictionary (EX Characters: Levely Arc Vol. 2 #1219), Chap's name is revealed.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 95 Chapter 956 (p. 3) and Episode 957.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 90 Chapter 907 (p. 9).
- One Piece Anime — Episode 886, Chap is removed from the scene where Vivi tries to stop Shirahoshi's enslavement.
- One Piece Anime — Episode 957, Chap's dynamic with Furrari is shown in the anime.