Chapter 1051 is titled "Shogun of Wano Country, Kozuki Momonosuke".
After the confusion is cleared up as the broadcast is being set up Yamato meets the rest of the Straw Hat Pirates and announces his decision to join them despite some objections as Luffy had not decided yet. As Tama remembers her past, the new Shogun Momonosuke begins his speech, confirming that Orochi and Kaidou are no more, with Momonosuke vowing to follow in his father's footsteps.
The people of the Flower Capital start to calm down after realizing that the large pink dragon they saw was not Kaidou, and following "Komurasaki" and "Kyoshiro" is Kin'emon, Kawamatsu, Inuarashi, Nekomamushi, Raizo, Shinobu, and Kikunojo, who the people recognize as the Nine Red Scabbards. Shocked by this unexpected turn of events, the people start clamoring for a Picture Tanishi to transmit this historical development across Wano.
Near Onigashima's crash site, Yamato finally meets the rest of the Straw Hats, and while some were surprised to learn he was Kaidou's child, he assures them that he isn't their enemy, and from here on out, he will be joining the Straw Hat Pirates; Usopp and Nami react with shock, Franky confusion, Brook and Sanji with glee, and Robin with amusement. Jinbe, however, says he isn't convinced until Luffy gives the say so, which Yamato accepts, though right now, Luffy and Zoro are being treated by Chopper. Yamato notices some Beasts Pirates fleeing and he and other Gifters yell for them to stay put. Usopp then asks Tama how long her Devil Fruit powers last, and she reveals that the tamed Gifters will turn back to normal after a month. She also says that the animals get to choose what life they prefer as some stay tamed, and Speed confirms this saying she wants to remain by Tama's side, which she happily accepts, though she asks her to become her mother rather than her servant, which Speed becomes touched by.
In the transmission, Momonosuke steps forward as the group bow to him, where he announces to all of Wano what has transpired. The citizens of Wano are shocked to learn he is the son of Kozuki Oden; he continues to announce that they are now free from the tyrannical reign of Kaidou and Kurozumi Orochi, and they will no longer have to charge to drink clean water, that there will be no more slavery and the factories that polluted their once beautiful land will be destroyed. This causes Tama to think back to when her parents died working in the factories and how she was eventually found by Tenguyama Hitetsu, who assured her that the Kozuki Clan's warriors will return, which gave her the strength to keep going. In the present, she cries into Nami's arms as she remembers Luffy's promise to her.
Momonosuke tells the people that on his voyage he met a powerful and passionate friend; together the formed the Ninja-Pirate-Mink-Samurai Alliance and invaded Onigashima. To everyone's surprise Momonosuke announced that Kaido, Orochi and the Beast Pirates have all been defeated; The people of Wano cheer as they are finally free of those villains. Though Momonosuke starts to grow nervous, he pushes through and announces his name, and his adult-form is finally shown, where he declares himself Wano's new shogun; he asks the people of Wano to lend him their strength and together they will return Wano to glory. Everyone is brought to tears by Momonosuke's proclamation as Momonosuke reassures himself that he will keep his promise to his parents, after which he embraces his younger sister for a long-awaited hug.
As Momonosuke and the group walk away, the narration reveals that Momonosuke will become known as Wano's greatest shogun.
- The event in the Flower Capital is broadcasted across Wano Country.
- The rest of the figures emerge from the smoke.
- Kin'emon is shown to be bandaged and conscious.
- Kikunojo is also conscious and is being carried by Nekomamushi.
- Raizo, Kawamatsu, Inuarashi, and Shinobu are also present.
- Momonosuke's adult appearance is shown.
- Momonosuke is wielding the Ame no Habakiri.
- Momonosuke tells the people of Wano that Kaidou, Orochi, and the Beasts Pirates were all defeated by the Ninja-Pirate-Mink-Samurai Alliance and they all cheer in response.
- Momonosuke officially declares himself as the new Shogun of Wano.
- Momonosuke reunites with Hiyori.
- The group follows Momonosuke inside the shogun castle.
- Many Beast Pirates are seen retreating.
- Tama's ability is revealed to only last for one month, though some animals stay tamed.
- Tama's past is shown, including how she lost her parents and came to be raised by Tenguyama Hitetsu.
- Speed claims she wants to stay with Tama while Tama desires Speed to become her new mother.
- Yamato meets the rest of the Straw Hat Pirates.
- Yamato states he will be joining the crew as a crew member, despite some objections as Luffy had not decided yet.
- Luffy and Zoro are unconscious and being tended to by Chopper.
|Germa 66's Ahh... An Emotionless Excursion|
|Manga Chapters (covers)|