Chapter 1053 is titled "New Emperors".
Despite the Five Elders attempt to cover up the information, Morgans releases the full details of Luffy, Law, and Kid's new bounties. As the festival begins, Robin learns that Tenguyama Hitetsu is really Kozuki Sukiyaki and that Pluton is in Wano Country. As Ryokugyu prepares to take action against the pirates without Sakazuki's approval, Kid reveals to Luffy that Luffy, along with Buggy, Shanks, and Blackbeard are being called the new "Four Emperors".
In Mary Geoise, one of the Five Elders is yelling at a marine telling him to reprint the newspapers and change the image of Luffy's bounty and remove the D. from his name. The marine tells him that the photo was sent in by CP0 agent Guernica. He also says that they can't contact the printing company. As the elder tells him to cease distribution of the newspapers, Morgans is seen laughing and saying that it's up to him to spread this news "around the globe". He also says that Cipher Pol's transmission from Wano Country broke off right after they encountered the Big Mom Pirates' ship.
Next the bounty posters of Monkey D. Luffy, Trafalgar Law and Eustass Kid are shown. They all have a bounty of 3,000,000,000 each. The Law's pirate crew react to the bounty posters. Kid runs off to somewhere and his crew follows him.
In the castle at the Flower Capital, a cook is seen making dishes for the big party. Jinbe is the only person in there and is drinking sake. Luffy, Yamato and Chopper are having fun at the party and eating while Brook is having a concert playing "Moon Princess", the song that Kozuki Hiyori used to play on the shamisen.
In the basement of the castle, Robin is looking around Tenguyama Hitetsu's collections. Tenguyama approaches her and asks her if she likes his collections to which she replies not really much to his shock. He tells her that it was originally a secret hobby room of his, however, he ended up imprisoned in it for several years. Robin is shocked by this, and asks him about his true identity. Tenguyama takes his mask off and reveals his true identity, Kozuki Sukiyaki, the father of Oden and grandfather of Momonosuke. Robin is shocked, and asks him if Momonosuke knows that he is still alive, Sukiyaki replies that he doesn't and that he has no plans to tell him out of shame for letting the country be overtaken by Orochi, although Sukiyaki suspects that his retainers have probably already deduced his identity. He says that when he got out and saw the state of Wano he planned on committing seppuku there and then. Robin says that the Poneglyph in the Arabasta Kingdom revealed that the ancient weapon, Pluton, rests in Wano Country and she asks him if it truly does. Sukiyaki confirms, saying that it is in fact in Wano.
The scene changes to the former prisoner mine in Udon, where the admiral Ryokugyu, whose real name is Aramaki, is using his Devil Fruit abilities to suck up nutrients of Udon Prisoners, Babanuki, King and Queen, while drinking sake from leftover barrels. Aramaki claims that he would lose face if he lost to mere two pirate commanders. He says that the sake was nothing special and that they should've let it age longer. He gets a Den Den Mushi call from an unknown person and he tells them to send a warship over and to not tell Fleet Admiral Sakazuki about what he's up to. He hangs up and says that he's excited to see what Sakazuki will say if he brings him Luffy's head.
Back at the Flower Capital, a huge festival is going on with people praising the Ninja-Pirate-Mink-Samurai Alliance. A flashback is shown in which Luffy tells Momonosuke not to tell the Wano citizens about him because he doesn't want to be a hero. In the present Kid is heading to Luffy trying to attack him after seeing the newspaper, but Luffy stretches his arm and catches him while continuing celebrating the festival along with the Straw Hat Pirates, the Scabbards, the Minks, the Samurai, Komachiyo, Tama and Speed, Kin'emon and Tsurujo, the Heart Pirates and the Kid Pirates.
An annoyed Kid shows Luffy the newspaper and tells him that he came to kill him. Luffy's eyes pop out as he looks at the new Four Emperors of the Sea: "Red Haired" Shanks, "Blackbeard" Teach, "Straw Hat" Luffy and "The Bombastic Clown" Buggy. In the final two panels, Aramaki is seen acknowledging the party and heading towards the Flower Capital.
- Morgans sends newspapers reporting the defeat of Kaidou and Big Mom's alliance all over the world.
- The Five Elders attempted to suppress the news, but were unsuccessful.
- The World Government fleet outside Wano Country was seemingly attacked by the Big Mom Pirates.
- Luffy, Law, and Kid all receive new bounties of 3,000,000,000 each.
- They also each have updated bounty posters.
- The alliance party with the Wano Country citizens in the streets of the Flower Capital.
- Jinbe and Robin stayed in the castle.
- Robin heads to the basement and finds the Poneglyph Brook talked about.
- She encounters Tenguyama Hitetsu, who shows his real face, revealing himself as Kozuki Sukiyaki.
- It is also revealed that Orochi imprisoned Sukiyaki under the castle basement for years until Sukiyaki managed to escape.
- Sukiyaki asks Robin to keep his true identity a secret due to the shame he feels for being partly responsible for Orochi's rise to power as the Shogun.
- Sukiyaki confirms to Robin that Pluton is indeed in Wano Country.
- Ryokugyu, whose real name is Aramaki, is fully seen for the first time.
- As the party continues at the Flower Capital, Kid charges at Luffy.
- Ryokugyu heads to the Flower Capital.