Chapter 499 is titled "Sabaody Park".
CP9's Independent Report Vol. 9: "Earning Medical Fees - The Giraffe Slide".
The chapter opens with Shakuyaku saying goodbye to the Straw Hats, who are off to find a coating mechanic. The scene shifts to bounty hunters who are discussing about the mermaid who was seen with Luffy. The head of the kidnapping team, Peterman, promises ten percent of the money they would get for Camie to the unnamed bounty hunters who brought him that information. Meanwhile, Luffy and the others arrive at Saboady Park and start to enjoy the amusements there.
The scene shifts to Groove 24 with the arrival of a Celestial Dragon, namely Saint Charlos. He kills a badly injured human being and decides to make an engaged nurse (Marie) his sixth wife by shooting her fiancée. Zoro, wondering whether he is lost and not knowing about the situation, walks towards the Celestial Dragon, upsetting him. The Noble tries to shoot Zoro who dodges it before the bullet can connect. Zoro tries attacking Charlos, but Jewelry Bonney tackles him away and fakes Zoro's death using her Devil Fruit powers and some tomato juice, knowing that attacking a World Noble would result in an Admiral having to come to the island. After being informed of the situation by Bonney, Zoro takes the injured man to the hospital, to the surprise of some of the other Supernovas who are nearby, with Scratchmen Apoo remarking that Zoro let off a very high killing intent just moments earlier.
- The Celestial Dragon Saint Charlos is introduced.
- Zoro almost attacks Charlos for shooting at him, but Jewelry Bonney intervenes and stops him.
- Bonney demonstrates the ability to change her age from that of a grown adult to a little girl.
- Camie gets kidnapped by the slave trader Peterman.
- Knowing that their previous work in kidnapping and slave trading are essential in knowing on where to look for Camie, Sanji decides to call in the Flying Fish Riders.
- first introduction
- first appearance
- Episode 393 (p. 2-19)
|CP9's Independent Report|
|Manga Chapters (covers)|