Charlotte Cadenza is the seventh son and the twelfth child of the Charlotte Family and the third quintuplet brother of Opera, Counter, Cabaletta, and Gala. He is also an executive of the Big Mom Pirates.
Being part of quintuplets, Cadenza resembles Opera, and is an enormous man with an extremely thick body. He has light brown hair that stands in both sides of his head, leaving most of his head bare, and a very large beard. He wears a black and pink striped short sleeved shirt, a matching bowler hat, and is barefoot. Like his brothers, he also wears dotted wristlets.
As a member of the Charlotte Family and the Big Mom Pirates, Cadenza is loyal to his affiliation to the point that he joined the enraged army in order to avenge his younger brother's defeat. In the anime, he was shown to have a strong will, refusing to give away Sanji's location to Luffy despite being strangled.
Abilities and Powers
Cadenza was shown to be able to use Busoshoku Haki when he attacked Monkey D. Luffy. In the anime, his Haki was shown to be tough enough to resist Luffy's Hawk Gatling, and Cadenza took the attack without being forced back.
- Cream Punch (クリームパンチ Kurīmu panchi?): An attack performed together with his brother Counter, the two of them attack their opponent from opposite sides with Busoshoku Haki-imbued punches. This was first used against Luffy, and was strong enough to bring him down.
Whole Cake Island Arc
Cadenza joined Big Mom's army to avenge his younger brother after he was defeated by Monkey D. Luffy. He and Counter personally attacked Luffy with Cream Punch while he was distracted by Charlotte Mont-d'Or, defeating him.
After Luffy broke out of the Prisoner Library, Cadenza went to confront him as he was racing through the chateau. After a brief clash, Cadenza was strangled by Luffy, who wanted to know Sanji's location. However, Cadenza refused to tell him and passed out.
Concludes non-canon section.
- Big Mom's army vs. Monkey D. Luffy and Nami
- Cadenza vs. Luffy (Whole Cake Chateau)
Anime and Manga Differences
While racing through the Whole Cake Chateau searching for Sanji, Luffy choked Counter in the manga. In the anime, Luffy choked Cadenza instead.
- A Cadenza is a virtuoso solo passage inserted into a movement in a concerto or other work, typically near the end. He shares his music-themed name with his fellow quintuplets and a few other siblings.
- The number of hair groups Cadenza has matches his position as part of quintuplets, with Opera having zero, Counter having one, him having two, Cabaletta having three, and Gala having four.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 84 Chapter 845 (p. 5) and Episode 809, Cadenza is seen as part of Big Mom's Enraged Army.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 SBS One Piece Manga — Vol. 85 (p. 150), The Charlotte quintuplets is mentioned.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 One Piece Manga — Vol. 92 Chapter 930 (p. 8), Children of the Charlotte Family confirmed to be executives of the Big Mom Pirates
- ↑ One Piece Magazine Vol.5
- ↑ SBS One Piece Manga — Vol. 90, https://one-piece.com/special/sbs/detail/9.html
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 84 Chapter 846 (p. 7) and Episode 811, Cadenza and Counter attacks Luffy.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 One Piece Anime — Episode 820, Cadenza battles against Luffy.