Cheese Island is one of 34 islands surrounding Whole Cake Island as part of the Big Mom Pirates' main territory known as Totto Land. It is run by Charlotte Mont-d'Or, the Minister of Cheese (チーズ大臣 Chīzu Daijin?). It is the fourth island of the Charlotte Family siblings' secret route to Whole Cake Island.
Cheese Town (チーズタウン Chīzu Taun?) is a city situated on Cheese Island. Its architecture is themed after Swiss cheese and milk bottles. It also contains structures based on cheese-based fast food such as pizza.
Less than 62 years ago, Cheese Island became part of the Big Mom Pirates territory also known as "Totto Land", and its appearance was changed to its current look using Charlotte Linlin and Streusen's Devil Fruits (the Soru Soru no Mi and Kuku Kuku no Mi respectively).
Whole Cake Island Arc
- This island was labelled as "Milk Island" (ミルク島 Miruku-tō?) in Chapter 859 and Episode 829. One Piece Magazine Vol.5 reveals that no such island exists in Totto Land, and that Cheese Town is located on Cheese Island.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 86 Chapter 859 (p. 14) and Episode 829, The citizens of Totto Land celebrate Pudding's wedding.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 82 Chapter 827 (p. 5) and Episode 785, Pekoms explains Totto Land to the Sanji Retrieval Team.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 84 Chapter 843 (p. 5-6) and Episode 806, Mont-d'Or is revealed to be the Minister of Cheese.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 83 Chapter 828 (p. 10) and Episode 787, Charlotte Pudding reveals the Charlotte siblings' secret route to Whole Cake Island.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 86 Chapter 868 (p. 8-11), Streusen and Linlin begin their takeover of the archipelago.
- One Piece Magazine Vol.5