The Chiyu Chiyu no Mi is a Paramecia-type Devil Fruit that grants the user the ability to heal any wounded or injured back to perfect health through the use of liquid that comes from the user's body like tears. "Chiyu" (治癒?) means "healing". It was eaten by Mansherry.
Strengths and Weaknesses
This fruit allows the user to heal any living thing that is wounded or injured. One form of its healing powers showed are made in the form of tears from the user's body, and as soon as they touch a living thing it is restored to perfect health and can even recover people suffering from a massive shock. The user can also create water at the palms of their hands, which also carry the same healing properties. The power does have a limit to how many times it can be used. Since Leo told Princess Mansherry to just heal herself and run after rescuing her, it can be inferred that the user can also heal themselves. It is currently unknown however, if the user can heal various diseases.
The user also has the ability to restore damaged inanimate objects to their original form, although their lifespan will be shortened in the process.
That being said, the fruit's power to heal seems to require the user's power to actually make contact onto the recipient to work. Also, should the enemy force the user to cry, they can use this power to their advantage. Finally this fruit has yet to show any offensive capabilities. Other than that, the user is subject to the standard Devil Fruit weaknesses.
Princess Mansherry was captured by the Donquixote Pirates, both as a hostage to keep the dwarves in line and to use her healing powers in the event of an emergency. They wanted her to revive the fallen executives, but she refused to until she was forced to cry, revealing that her tears can heal people.
After Mansherry was rescued, Jora noted that her power can restore the SMILE Factory in the case that it was destroyed, knowing that her abilities can even repair buildings at the cost of her lifespan being shortened. Trebol also stated that Mansherry's powers can restore the factory after its destruction.
- This is one of the two Devil Fruits confirmed to shorten the user's lifespan if used in a particular way, the other one being Ope Ope no Mi.
- Healing - A Wikipedia article about healing.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 One Piece Manga — Vol. 77 Chapter 774 (p. 5-13), Mansherry displays healing abilities.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 One Piece Manga — Vol. 78 Chapter 779 (p. 6), Mansherry confirms Kyros' statement that the Chiyu Chiyu no Mi's power has a limit.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 One Piece Manga — Vol. 77 Chapter 775 (p. 4), Jora reveals the Chiyu Chiyu no Mi's power to restore inanimate objects.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 76 Chapter 755 (p. 17), Dold says that Doflamingo would not kill Mansherry for her powers.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 78 Chapter 779 (p. 6-7), Trebol remains steadfast that Mansherry's powers will repair the destroyed factory, while Mansherry makes healing water.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 78 Chapter 783 (p. 7), Mansherry says that she could use her watering can to heal Law's wounds.