Cloning is the process of perfectly duplicating a living organism's body.
By duplicating a subject's Lineage Factor, it is possible to create a living duplicate of the specific organism. The clone's body will be completely identical to that of the original, but the clone will have a soul of their own and volition and responsibility over their own actions.
Cloning is deemed by the World Government as too dangerous for anyone else to have perform, have access to, or even know about, and their agents take hard action should they find evidence of cloning activity.
The Germa Kingdom is the only place known to use cloning technology. Germa 66, the kingdom's military force, is entirely comprised of clones of the kingdom's strongest soldiers, called Clone Soldiers (
Types and AppearenceEdit
|Germa Kingdom||Germa 66|
- †: the character is deceased.
- *: the character's status is unknown. Hovering the symbol may give further details.
- ≠: the character is non-canon.
- ‡: the character is no longer part of this group. Hovering the symbol may give further details.
There are at least six known types:
- Type-WB (Woman Balance) - a slim body and light brown hair. The only female clone.
- Type-MB (Man Balance) - average body size and black hair.
- Type-MR (Man Reach) - a tall figure and black hair.
- Type-MH (Man Heavy) - a large body and black hair. In Episode 793, one was seen sparring against an MSP and he was shown to have great endurance.
- Type-MST (Man Strong) - a muscular body and black hair.
- Type-MSP (Man Speed) - a short body and black hair. In Episode 793, one was seen sparring against an MH and he was shown to have great speed.
During battle, they wear the standard Germa 66 uniforms. During training and free time, they wear light grey, short sleeve shirts and dark pants. WB wear lilac shirts instead of grey. They all also wear sunglasses instead of goggles, presumably the same they had in their cloning tubes.
They were shown to be excited by Sanji and Judge fight, cheering for both sides, tearing up at Sanji's fake funeral, and celebrating the morning of Sanji and Pudding's wedding day,  showing that they do have some emotions.
Abilities and PowersEdit
Spending most of their days training, the clone soldiers are highly proficient in several fighting styles like hand-to-hand combat and swordsmanship. They used rifles while fighting the war at Broc Coli Island. However, even with all their training, they are no match for the modified Vinsmoke children, as they were defeated by them.
Several types are named after their fighting attributes: MHs have considerable endurance and defiance, MSTs are muscular and strong, and MSPs are fast.
Over 21 years ago, Vinsmoke Judge, Vegapunk, and some other scientists discovered the human lineage factor, which enabled them to manipulate the genetics of living organisms and create clones of them. The World Government discovered this research and drove the group apart, arresting Vegapunk in the process. Judge retreated to Germa and continued the cloning research, eventually succeeding in creating clones to form Germa 66.
- The prohibition of human cloning mirrors reality, where the practice is banned in more than 70 countries.
- Germa 66's use of clones as soldiers for their army, and their use of growth acceleration for them, is very similar to that of the Clone troopers of the Star Wars prequel trilogy.
- The clones within the Germa Kingdom's preservation tanks appeared to be wearing shades despite not being clothed.
- Monkey D. Luffy incorrectly believed that the identical twins Campacino and Brindo are clones, despite being repeatedly told otherwise.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 82 Chapter 826 and Episode 784, Cloned soldiers are shown on the Germa 66 ship with Yonji and Reiju.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 84 Chapter 839 and Episode 802, Germa 66 clones are revealed.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 84 Chapter 840 and Episode 802, Yonji explain the origin of the Germa soldiers.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 One Piece Magazine Vol.3 — The clone soldiers are identified and explained.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 83 Chapter 833 and Episodes 793–794, Judge talks about Germa's soldiers.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 84 Chapter 840 (p. 16) and Episode 803, The Germa soldiers attend Sanji's fake funeral.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 86 Chapter 859 (p. 15), The Germa Kingdom is shown before the tea party.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 83 Chapter 832 (p. 14-15) and Episode 793, The Germa Kingdom is shown.
- ↑ One Piece Anime — Episode 788, The Germa 66 end a war.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 84 Chapter 841 (p. 3) and Episode 804, The Vinsmoke kids spar against the clone soldiers.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 85 Chapter 850 (p. 16-17), Pudding reveals the truth behind the arranged wedding.
- ↑ One Piece Anime — Episode 331, Luffy thinks Brindo and Campacino are clones upon seeing them.
- Cloning – Wikipedia article on cloning