Cocoyasi Village is the village on Conomi Islands where Nami, as well as her sister, Nojiko, grew up with Bell-mère. The village is also the closest place to Arlong Park, and this is where the majority of important characters from the arc lives, including Nami. When the Straw Hat Pirates arrived, it was dangerously close to being destroyed like Gosa Village. When Arlong was defeated, this village was the location of the following celebration. They are later seen looking at Nami's new bounty.
Notable Places[edit | edit source]
Tangerine Grove[edit | edit source]
The Tangerine Grove is located in Bell-mère's yard. It was owned by Bell-mère who always worked there and would sometimes cook using tangerines as ingredients (e.g.Tangerine Sauce). Since she and her daughters were poor, they earned their living by selling them. After Bell-mère died, the garden was taken care by Nami and Nojiko. Nami also hid the 93,000,000 destined to buy Cocoyashi Village back from Arlong in the grove. Later Captain Nezumi, under Arlong's order, ransacked the grove to search for Nami's stolen money. When Nami departed, she took a few Tangerine Trees with her as a memento of her mother. The grove is currently under Nojiko's care.
Citizens[edit | edit source]
|Bell-mère †||Nojiko||Nami ‡||Genzo||Nako|
|Chabo||Mummy Mee||Daddy Dee||Johnny||Yosaku|
- †: the character is deceased.
- *: the character's status is unknown, or show additional information. Hovering the symbol may give further details.
- ≠: the character is non-canon.
- ‡: the character is no longer part of this group. Hovering the symbol may give further details.
Translation and Dub Issues[edit | edit source]
- The "Cocoyasi" romanization comes from Color Walk 1.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- According to Rurubu One Piece, Cocoyasi Village was inspired by Indonesia.
- Cocoyashi is Japanese for coconut.
References[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]