True to their group's name, the members of the Coffee Monkeys have monkey tails, pointed hair, long sideburns. They all wear brown and green, track-style jackets with cloud patterns on the front. Their leader wears a golden headband. They act like the monkeys, as one was seen swinging from an above ground Yarukiman Mangrove root.
They are quite well known on the Sabaody Archipelago and are a formidable group, but they were no match for Duval and the Rosy Life Riders in combat. They also had difficulty carrying Stansen, a giant, to the Auction House after capturing him.
Each member of the group wields a staff.
Shortly before the Straw Hat Pirates arrived at Sabaody Archipelago, the Coffee Monkeys caught the giant Stansen as he was taking a nap. They struggled to carry him the auction house, but they turned him in and reaped a large reward.
Summit War Saga
Sabaody Archipelago Arc
When the Usopp and a member of the Rosy Life Riders visited the Coffee Monkeys, the leader was drunk and annoyed that the giant he turned in was not the main attraction. He continued to drink but still told Usopp that Peterman and the Hound Pets were the kidnappers who took Camie to the Auction House. The only reason that they caught the giant was due to him being asleep at the time but it was very difficult for them to carry him to the auction house.
After the Summit War of Marineford, the Coffee Monkeys tried to steal the Thousand Sunny from the Rosy Life Riders. They wanted the ship because it belonged to Monkey D. Luffy, son of the Revolutionary Dragon, and claimed that it would bring the ship a hefty reward if turned over to the Marines. The leader demanded that Duval hand over the ship and offered to split the money, as they work in the same trade. However, Duval refused, kicking the Monkeys to the ground and proclaiming his will to protect his friends' ship.
- The leader of the Coffee Monkeys somewhat resembles the main character of "Journey to the West", Sun Wukong, the Monkey King who wields a magic staff and is often depicted wearing a gold headband.
- The Coffee Monkeys were formed on November 14th.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 51 Chapter 501 (p. 8-9) and Episode 395, The leader of the Coffee Monkeys drunkenly tells Usopp about capturing Stansen and about Peterman capturing Camie.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 60 Chapter 593 (p. 12-13) and Episode 512, The Coffee Monkeys are defeated by Duval.
- Vivre Card - One Piece Visual Dictionary, The Coffee Monkeys' formation date is given.