It is the setting of the Arlong Park Arc.
Layout and Locations
Containing at least twenty different communities, the islands were simple and peaceful until the Arlong Pirates landed at Cocoyasi Village. From there, they quickly tyrannized the entire region and extorted a monthly "survival" tax—100,000 for every adult and 50,000 for every child. Failure to pay would result in violent retaliation, up to and including the complete destruction of a town. With the extorted money, Arlong and his crew erected Arlong Park and planned to conquer the entire East Blue, while bribing corrupt officials like Nezumi to minimize attention from the Marines.
After eight years of this subjugation, the islands were finally freed with the arrival of the Straw Hat Pirates, who defeated the fish-men and toppled Arlong Park.
The islands appear to be largely agricultural, with several plantations of rice and oranges.
|Bell-mère †||Nojiko||Nami ‡||Genzo||Nako|
|Chabo||Mummy Mee||Daddy Dee||Johnny||Yosaku|
|Arlong ‡||Chew ‡||Kuroobi ‡||Hatchan ‡||Pisaro ‡|
|Kaneshiro ‡||Take ‡||Shioyaki ‡||Momoo ‡|
- †: the character is deceased.
- *: the character's status is unknown, or show additional information. Hovering the symbol may give further details.
- ≠: the character is non-canon.
- ‡: the character is no longer part of this group. Hovering the symbol may give further details.
- One Piece Color Walk 1, Conomi Islands' name is romanized.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 8 Chapter 69 (p. 12).
- One Piece Yellow: Grand Elements, The name of Nami's home island is revealed.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 8 Chapter 71 (p. 17) and Episode 32, Arlong boasts of twenty local towns and villages being under his crew's dominion.