It is unknown what the Dawn of the World entails, but it is implied to involve the Poneglyphs. Members of the Mink Tribe such as Nekomamushi and Pedro have stated that they are waiting for the event. Pedro in particular was willing to rip out his own eye in order to convince Big Mom to spare him, as he believed the Dawn of the World was near and he had to return home alive. However, it does not seem to be common knowledge among the minks, as Carrot was unaware of the concept before being told by Pedro.
Pedro eventually became convinced that the Straw Hats will be the ones to lead the world to its dawn, and to that extent he was willing to sacrifice his remaining life to help them on their journey. After telling Carrot she would understand the importance of helping the Straw Hats someday, Pedro made his sacrifice by detonating the explosives on his body in order to take out Perospero
- Pedro hoped his exploration crew, later turned pirates, will usher in the new Dawn of the World. Due to his dream, he named them the Nox Expedition Party, with Nox meaning Night, as every night leads to a new dawn.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 81 Chapter 809 (p. 19) and Episode 759 , Nekomamushi states he's waiting for the Dawn of the World.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 One Piece Manga — Vol. 85 Chapter 850 (p. 10) , Pedro gives up his eye to live because the Dawn of the World is near.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 One Piece Manga — Vol. 87 Chapter 877 (p. 12) , Pedro talks about the Dawn of the World.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 85 Chapter 850 (p. 11) , Pedro states the Straw Hats will change the world and guide it to a new dawn.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 87 Chapter 877 (p. 16-17) , Pedro sacrifices himself to help the Straw Hats escape while Carrot recalls his words.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 87 Chapter 878 (p. 3-5) .