The Decalvan Brothers appear to be twins (since they share the same birthday), and both wear overalls. Both have wide faces (though one of them is wider than the other) and flowing black hair. The one with the wider face has sharper teeth. Each brother opens one of their eyes which is large and black around the rim, and closes the other which has a scar over it; which eye they open and close are opposite to one another.
They both wear a brown and yellow pirate tricorn hat with polka dots bandanna underneath it (one red, and one blue). The hat bears their Jolly Roger: two skulls and a cross-bone, with a wavy design over it. They both wear yellow long gloves with razor-sharp nails at the end on both hands.
Not much is known about the Decalvan Brother's personality, other than that they were willing to fight in order to rescue Ace from execution.
Abilities and PowersEdit
The Decalvan Brothers have managed to make themselves an infamous reputation in the New World, becoming subordinates of the Whitebeard Pirates. After Squard, they were Whitebeard's choice in leading the other subordinate crews to attack Marineford.
Summit War SagaEdit
The Decalvan Brothers and their crew are first seen, along with a fleet of 42 other infamous pirate crews subordinate to the Whitebeard Pirates, attacking Marineford to save Portgas D. Ace from his execution. After failing to reach Squard, Whitebeard contacted the Decalvan Brothers and gave them, along with certain other captains, the command of all the New World pirates in retaliation to Ace's early execution time.
After Whitebeard was stabbed by Squard, they were seen commenting on how ashamed he must be feeling. They were later seen among the group of New World captains who were backing up Luffy and Ivankov on Whitebeard's orders. In the anime, the brothers dueled Vice Admiral Dalmatian to a stalemate.
When the Blackbeard Pirates launched a barrage of bullets and blades at Whitebeard, killing him in the process, the Decalvan Brothers were seen crying. Upon the arrival of Shanks and Sengoku calling the war coming to a close, they and the rest of Whitebeards crew left.
They, along with the rest of the crew, attended the funeral of Whitebeard and Ace on an undisclosed island somewhere on the Grand Line.
- Whitebeard Pirates and subordinate crews vs. the Marines and Shichibukai
- Decalvan Brothers vs. Marine Officers
- Decalvan Brothers and other subordinate crews vs. Pacifistas
Anime and Manga DifferencesEdit
In the anime, an additional scene was shown that the Decalvan Brothers fought against Thatch and were beginning to overpower him when Ace joined the fight. The outcome is unknown but it is very likely that the brothers were overpowered by the two commanders because after the battle, it was stated that the bounty of Portgas D. Ace was risen again.
In the manga, they were always standing together, with one brother partly covering the other one, resembling conjoined twins. In the anime, they were always standing further away from each other.
In the anime, one of the brother's lower half of the face can be identified among the news reports of those defeated by Edward Weevil, alongside the reports of Elmy, Ramba, Whitey Bay, Bizarre, A.O, and Palms.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 56 Chapter 551 and Episode 450, The Decalvan Brothers are introduced.
- ↑ One Piece Blue Deep: Characters World (p. 107), The Decalvan Brothers' birthday are given.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 57 Chapter 559 and Episode 460, The Decalvan Brothers are introduced.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 57 Chapter 559, The Decalvan Brothers are given control of all the New World pirates in place of Squard.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 58 Chapter 564, The Decalvan Brothers comment on how much ashamed Squard must feel.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 60 Chapter 590, The Whitebeard Pirates and the crews allied with them pay their last respects to Whitebeard and Ace.
- ↑ One Piece Anime — Episode 461.
- ↑ One Piece Anime — Episode 751, The DeCalvan Brothers' news report on Kizaru's desk.