The Drake Pirates are an infamous and notable rookie pirate crew originating from the North Blue, and are led by X Drake, who is later revealed to still be part of the Marines. They were introduced on Sabaody Archipelago around the time the Straw Hat Pirates arrived there two years ago and are part of the Worst Generation.
Jolly Roger[edit | edit source]
The crew's Jolly Roger is a depiction of a decorative european-styled symbol, as opposed to the traditional skull jolly roger, with two fencing swords replacing the usual crossbones.
The crew's flag features a red background instead of the usual black found in other jolly rogers, reflecting Drake's epithet and allegiance.
Crew Members[edit | edit source]
They resemble European fencers and swordsmen, reminiscent of the Three Musketeers.
|Beasts Pirates ‡|
Crew Strength[edit | edit source]
The crew is presumably strong because their captain is one of the Eleven Supernovas and a former Rear Admiral, which is the fourth highest position in the Marines. Another suggestion that the crew is strong is the fact that they made it all the way to the Sabaody Archipelago, despite them being a "rookie" crew. They were also skilled enough to escape Kizaru's capture during his raid on the island while their captain was taken down by the admiral. Also, their captain is not afraid to challenge a subordinate of Kaido, despite Kaido being one of the Four Emperors, in an attempt to show his strength.
Ship[edit | edit source]
- Further information: Liberal Hind
The crew's ship, the Liberal Hind (リベラルハインド号 Riberaru Haindo-gō?), is a slightly modified Marine battleship with inverted colors, possibly Drake's original ship when he was a Marine. It can also be implied that as a former Marine ship, it holds and retains the same features and advantages that most Marine ships would have. Their ship has been coated with the Yarukiman resin, allowing it to submerge underwater by reducing its buoyancy, and withstanding the water pressure of 10,000 meters.
History[edit | edit source]
Past[edit | edit source]
Making their start in the North Blue, after their captain quit the Marines, they managed to traverse the treacherous Grand Line.
Summit War Saga[edit | edit source]
Sabaody Archipelago Arc[edit | edit source]
The crew arrived at Sabaody Archipelago, around the same time as many of the other rookie crews. Soon after, X Drake breaks up a fight between Urouge and Killer, stating that if they wanted to fight, they should save it for the New World.
After Monkey D. Luffy attacked Saint Charlos, the captain of the Drake Pirates came in contact with Admiral Kizaru and a Pacifista. He, along with Basil Hawkins, Urouge, and Scratchmen Apoo clashed with both but got away safely.
Marineford Arc[edit | edit source]
Post-War Arc[edit | edit source]
During the Timeskip[edit | edit source]
Caribou's Kehihihihi in the New World[edit | edit source]
When Caribou was leading a rebellion on Kaido's winter island, Drake went to the island and subdued Caribou and the rebels before taking Caribou away.
Dressrosa Saga[edit | edit source]
Dressrosa Arc[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 51 Chapter 498 and Episode 392, X Drake and his crew arrive on Sabaody Archipelago.
- Volume 10089 — Liberal Hind is named.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 52 Chapter 508 and Episode 401.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 52 Chapter 510 and Episode 402.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 58 Chapter 565 and Episode 474.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 59 Chapter 581 and Episode 490.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 61 Chapter 595 and Episode 513, The Drake Pirates encounter Scotch.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 73 Chapter 725, cover story: Caribou's Kehihihihi in the New World Vol. 41, Drake appears to stop Caribou in his rebellion against the island rulers.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 79 Chapter 793 and Episode 736, X Drake reads of Doflamingo's defeat.
[edit | edit source]