The Drake Pirates are an infamous and notable rookie pirate crew introduced on Sabaody Archipelago around the time the Straw Hat Pirates arrived there two years ago. As such, they are part of the Worst Generation. They originated from the North Blue, and are led by X Drake.
The crew's Jolly Roger is a depiction of a decorative european-styled symbol, as opposed to the traditional skull jolly roger, with two fencing swords replacing the usual crossbones.
They resemble European fencers and swordsmen, reminiscent of the Three Musketeers.
|Beasts Pirates ‡|
The crew is presumably strong because their captain is one of the Eleven Supernovas and a former Rear Admiral, which is the fourth highest position in the Marines. Another suggestion that the crew is strong is the fact that they made it all the way to the Sabaody Archipelago, despite them being a "rookie" crew. They were also skilled enough to escape Kizaru's capture during his raid on the island while their captain was taken down by the admiral. Also, their captain is not afraid to challenge a subordinate of Kaido, despite Kaido being one of the Yonko, in an attempt to show his strength.
The crew's ship, the Liberal Hind (リベラルハインド号 Riberaruhaindo-gō?), is a slightly modified Marine battleship with inverted colors, possibly Drake's original ship when he was a Marine. It can also be implied that as a former Marine ship, it holds and retains the same features and advantages that most Marine ships would have. Their ship has been coated with the Yarukiman resin, allowing it to submerge underwater by reducing its buoyancy, and withstanding the water pressure of 10,000 meters.
Making their start in the North Blue, after their captain quit the Marines, they managed to traverse the treacherous Grand Line.
Summit War Saga
Sabaody Archipelago Arc
The crew arrived at Sabaody Archipelago, around the same time as many of the other rookie crews. Soon after, X Drake breaks up a fight between Urouge and Killer, stating that if they wanted to fight, they should save it for the New World.
After Monkey D. Luffy attacked Saint Charlos, the captain of the Drake Pirates came in contact with Admiral Kizaru and a Pacifista. He, along with Basil Hawkins, Urouge, and Scratchmen Apoo clashed with both but got away safely.
During the Timeskip
Caribou's Kehihihihi in the New World
When Caribou was leading a rebellion on Kaido's winter island, Drake went to the island and subdued Caribou and the rebels before taking Caribou away.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 51 Chapter 498 and Episode 392, X Drake and his crew arrive on Sabaody Archipelago.
- ↑ Volume 10089 — Liberal Hind is named.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 52 Chapter 508 and Episode 401.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 52 Chapter 510 and Episode 402.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 58 Chapter 565 and Episode 474.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 59 Chapter 581 and Episode 490.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 61 Chapter 595 and Episode 513, The Drake Pirates encounter Scotch.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 73 Chapter 725, cover story: Caribou's Kehihihihi in the New World Vol. 41, Drake appears to stop Caribou in his rebellion against the island rulers.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 79 Chapter 793 and Episode 736, X Drake reads of Doflamingo's defeat.