Weevil was first mentioned by Marine commodore Brannew in a discussion of the current Warlord ranks to several high-ranking Marine officers, but was not explicitly named until after Donquixote Doflamingo's defeat.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Relationships
- 4 Abilities and Powers
- 5 History
- 6 Major Battles
- 7 Trivia
- 8 References
- 9 Site Navigation
Weevil has a stocky figure, with prominent scars going down his left eye, across his neck and around his left arm. He has bushy blond hair with two braids coming down either side of his face and similar to his self-proclaimed father, has a black bandanna and white crescent-shaped mustache which is even larger than Edward Newgate's. His legs are disproportionately small for his build and his nose also appears to be perpetually runny, evocative of his simple-minded nature. He wears overalls that are hung by chains rather than straps and bear his personal jolly roger on them.
Incidentally, from behind, his appearance is similar to that of Oars or Little Oars Jr., with his large build, thick mane of hair, and his exaggeratedly long mustache which (from behind) resembles horns. They even share jagged teeth, square jaw and a scar running down the left side of their face, as well as stick-like legs in comparison to the rest of their bodies.
Edward Weevil is a violent man as he left destruction in his wake when hunting Whitebeard's crew and allies.
He is not very bright as he had a hard time telling the difference between a mirror and a photograph. As a result, he is constantly manipulated by his mother, making him believe that he is the rightful heir of the Whitebeard Pirates' fortune, not the members of the Whitebeard Pirates, to whom he believed (influenced by his mother) are unworthy. He also talks in a whiny, snot-nosed manner, making him sound like both a little kid and a simpleton. Though his claims are widely doubted, at the very least, he seems to genuinely believe them to be true.
|— Edward Weevil|
Unlike his alleged father, Weevil does not hold concepts of family in the same regard, believing that his alleged blood heritage is what makes him true family, not bonds built on friendship and camaraderie. Because of this, he violently attacked all those once affiliated with Whitebeard.
Miss Bakkin is Weevil's mother. Both of them are Whitebeard's self-proclaimed family by claiming themselves as his biological family. They are hunting the remnants of the Whitebeard Pirates and their allies to take Whitebeard's "fortune". Weevil is extremely obedient to his mother and is constantly being manipulated by her.
Weevil claimed to be Whitebeard's biological son, but the Whitebeard Pirates refused to believe him and said the only sons that Whitebeard had are the Whitebeard Pirates. He defeated 16 crews of Whitebeard's old allies. He and his mother are hunting the 1st division Commander Marco "The Phoenix" to claim Whitebeard's "fortune".
Marshall D. Teach
Weevil holds a grudge against Blackbeard for killing his so-called "father" Whitebeard. He wants to kill the Emperor at any costs to avenge his alleged father's death, but his mother suggested that revenge is not important.
Monkey D. Luffy
As one of the Seven Warlords of the Sea, Weevil was an ally of the World Government, but he does not seem to take orders from them. During the timeskip, he had a bounty of 480,000,000 until he was invited by the World Government to become one of the Seven Warlords. He accepted the offer, but he caused too much catastrophe and over 600 civilian casualties, causing great concern for the Marines.
Due to the Seven Warlords being abolished by the Levely, he is now an enemy to the government once again and his bounty was reinstated, and the Marines waste no time trying to arrest him. Weevil is infuriated about this as he is ready to take them down.
Weevil claims to be the late Whitebeard's biological son, believing that it makes him special. However, his claim is heavily questioned by others. He initially wanted to avenge Whitebeard's death at the hands of Blackbeard until his mother told him that revenge was not important.
Abilities and Powers
Weevil's powers have been praised by Borsalino who compared his abilities to that of a younger Whitebeard, his alleged father. He was able to single-handedly defeat 16 pirate crews affiliated with Whitebeard, including the A O Pirates.
Like his alleged father Whitebeard, Weevil wields a naginata as a weapon of choice.
- Further information: Haki
During the timeskip, Weevil fought and destroyed 15 pirate crews that served under Whitebeard, in order to claim Whitebeard's treasure that Bakkin promised him. All of these started as small arguments that turned into large conflicts.
Four Emperors Saga
Weevil defeated A O's crew after a small argument like usual. His mother told him that they must find Marco in order to claim the late Whitebeard's fortune, but Weevil was more interested in taking vengeance on Blackbeard for killing his alleged father. After convincing him otherwise, she then read from a newspaper about how the Straw Hat Pirates defeated Donquixote Doflamingo, and Weevil questioned his mother whether or not to chase after Monkey D. Luffy to get information on Marco.
Wano Country Arc
After the Seven Warlords system was abolished, Weevil and his mother found themselves confronted by the Marines. Seeing that they were no longer allies, Bakkin gave Weevil permission to take out the Marines, which he was happy to do.
- Edward Weevil vs. 15 Whitebeard-allied crews
- Weevil vs. A O Pirates
- Weevil's hair and mustache can be seen among the Grand Line pirates during Doflamingo's speech after Dressrosa.
- Weevil had the highest known former bounty of all the Warlords.
- He was the last of the Warlords appointed mid-timeskip to be revealed, and the last Warlord to be revealed before the system's abolishment.
- He was the only Warlord who has not currently been shown as a child.
- He is the only Warlord who did not participate in the Battle of Marineford.
- At the moment, Weevil and Dracule Mihawk were the only Warlords who do not belong or have not belonged to a known pirate crew or organization.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 80 Chapter 802 (p. 7-11) and Episode 751, Weevil makes his first appearance.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 80 Chapter 802 (p. 8) and Episode 751, Weevil is confirmed to be a Warlord.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 95 Chapter 956 (p. 16-17) and Episode 957, The Seven Warlords are dissolved.
- SBS One Piece Manga — Vol. 90, https://one-piece.com/special/sbs/detail/9.html
- Vivre Card - One Piece Visual Dictionary (Card #0947), Information about Weevil is revealed.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 95 Chapter 956 (p. 17), Weevil's name is romanized.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 70 Chapter 700 (p. 13-14) and Episode 629, Brannew discusses the recent events with other high-ranked officers.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 80 Chapter 802 (p. 6-7) and Episode 751, Kizaru notes Weevil's incredible strength and his recent string of victories over Whitebeard's former allies.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 80 Chapter 801 (p. 8) and Episode 746.