Eggplant Soldier has an eggplant shaped head, small beady eyes, a large mouth with full lips, and a raindrop-shaped nose. He has tan skin, eggplant stem-like black hair, and chin stubble. He wears a purple armor over a yellow spandex, with brown boots and gloves, and a green sombrero. He wears his spear strapped to his back with a pink belt.
Eggplant Soldier is somewhat cheerful, and he was happy to help Sanji in his plans to impress Pudding. He is also very loyal to the Charlotte Family, as he followed their orders to keep tabs on Sanji. He is also a very sleepy person, to the point where he can fall asleep during guard duty. In the anime, he seems to enjoy eating eggplants.
Abilities and PowersEdit
He is seen with a spear, though he has not been seen using it.
Whole Cake Island ArcEdit
While patrolling the hallways of Whole Cake Chateau, Eggplant Soldier and another guard came across Big Mom as she was laughing. They commented on Big Mom's happy mood and equated it to the upcoming wedding and tea party. Eggplant then imagined Pudding smiling and hoped that she would be happy for her wedding.
Concludes non-canon section.
After Sanji accepted his fate of marriage, he tried to impress Pudding with his chivalry. He was assisted by Eggplant, who helped him find a place to pick flowers and then provided him with supplies for cooking. However, when Sanji finally left for Pudding's room, he seemed oblivious regarding Sanji's intended destination.
Hours later at night, while the Big Mom Pirates were having a meeting about the recent events, a Chess Soldier checked in on Sanji to confirm his status, but because Eggplant was sleeping in Sanji's bed, Sanji was reported to be in there. Eggplant then awoke to see Sanji still missing but he decided to go back to sleep.
The following morning, Eggplant was abruptly awaken by Mont-d'Or's pounding on the door. Knowing that Mont-d'Or was looking for Sanji, he began to panic for he had lost track of the latter. The more he panicked, the more he worried about what Big Mom's reaction and punishment for him losing Sanji would be. However, immediately after, Sanji came back through the window and asked Eggplant to help him lie. Seeing as how he would be able to get out of potential trouble, he happily agreed. When asked directly by Mont-d'Or, he told him that Sanji was in his room all night. When Mont-d'Or left, he asked Sanji where he had been, and Sanji told him that he went to Pudding's room as he told him earlier and advised him not to ask what happened afterward.
Concludes non-canon section.
Anime and Manga DifferencesEdit
In the anime, Eggplant Soldier's role is expanded. He first appears patrolling the hallways, rather than in the manga in which he was first seen helping Sanji. Later, his role is further expanded when he and Sanji lie about the latter's whereabouts during the night before to Mont-d'Or.
- His name was never stated, but Charlotte Mont-d'Or called him Eggplant Soldier during an anime-only scene. He was also named as such in the credits.
- In the anime, Eggplant Soldier's eyes appear normal after Sanji broke into his room through the window.
- Zeff used to call Sanji "Little Eggplant" (チビナス Chibi Nasu?). Coincidentally, the Eggplant Soldier is mistaken for Sanji when he accidentally falls asleep in his bed.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 85 Chapter 849 (p. 11) and Episode 815, Eggplant provide Sanji with groceries and the news.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 One Piece Anime — Episode 814, Eggplant comments on how happy Big Mom is.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 85 Chapter 850 (p. 4) and Episode 817, Sanji leaves his room and head towards Pudding's.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 85 Chapter 854 (p. 10) and Episode 822, Eggplant falls asleep in Sanji's bed.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 One Piece Anime — Episode 829, Eggplant awakes to find Sanji still missing.