In its default state, the sword bears the appearance of a normal katana, aside from the dial at the pommel and the color of the blade, and is kept in a white scabbard.
The Iron Cloud blade is iron-hard but cloud-light, which allows Ohm to change the shape of his sword for offensive or defensive measures that would fit the situation, creating a very versatile and deadly weapon. All of Ohm's named attacks start with "Eisen", which is the German word for "iron".
- Eisen Whip (
鉄の鞭Aizen Wippu?, literally "Whip of Iron"): Ohm unleashes a powerful whip-like attack from his sword, making it look like a projectile attack at high speeds.
- Eisen Back (
鉄の堤防Aizen Bakku?, literally "Embankment of Iron"): Ohm forms a solid wall to block any of his opponent's attacks.
- Eisen Fan (
鉄の扇Aizen Fan?, literally "Fan of Iron"): Ohm shapes the blade of his sword into a fan-like blade and strikes against his opponent.
- Eisen Fork (アイゼンフォーク Aizen Fōku?): Ohm shapes his sword into a giant fork and wields it like a whip once again.
- Eisen Fleuret (アイゼンフルーレ Aizen Furūre?): Ohm shapes his sword into a long, sharp spear and projects it against his opponent. Fleuret is the French term for a fencing foil. In the Viz Manga, this is called Eisen Flail.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 27 Chapter 252 (p. 10) and Episode 165.
- One Piece Yellow: Grand Elements (p. 250), "Eisen Whip" is confirmed to be the name of the sword.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 29 Chapter 269 (p. 11) and Episode 176, Ohm explains his Milky Dial-made sword.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 29 Chapter 271 (p. 12-13) and Episode 178.