Having finally reached the moon, Enel encounters a group of small robots known as automata, as well as a vicious group of Space Pirates. After a series of events, Enel's Goro Goro no Mi powers wind up activating not only all of the automata, but their city as well, and the self-proclaimed God discovers his true roots.
The story begins with Enel riding his Ark, Maxim to the moon, which he believes to be the "Fairy Vearth" of legend. After landing, he takes in the sights and explores his new home. He then sees something within a crater and investigates, and finds an unconscious creature wearing a soldier's uniform laying on the ground. Without a second thought, Enel cruelly attacks the poor thing with a lightning strike.
However, the creature turns out to be a mechanical life form, and instead of harming it, the electricity recharges it back to full health (much to Enel's disappointment). The robot shows its gratitude with a salute, identifying itself as First Lieutenant Spacey. Spacey then expresses his regret for abandoning his position when fighting the enemy and goes back to the area where the battle took place, with Enel choosing to follow out of curiosity. Upon reaching the destination, they find Spacey's fellow automata, Colonel Macro, General Galaxy and Sergeant Cosmo lying unconscious on the ground as well. Spacey begins to weep for his fallen comrades while Enel watches on impassively.
As the Lieutenant continues to mourn, an unknown figure approaches them from behind. The figure reveals himself as Seamars, captain of the Space Pirates who pierces Spacey in the back with his electric spear, severely injuring the robot. Enel only watches without a hint of empathy until Seamars jabs his spear into him next. But being a Logia and a Mantra user, Enel is completely unharmed as the spear passes through him. Enel then retaliates with a swift kick to Seamars' face, knocking him out. However, Enel then witnesses a massive explosion on the horizon and becomes enraged at the sight of his precious vearth being damaged.
It turns out that the explosion was caused by the rest of the Space Pirates, who are excavating the moon in order to locate and plunder its long lost ruins. But then they see a glowing individual atop their spacecraft and prepare to fight.
In the meantime, the shocked, but still alive Lieutenant Spacey reminisces about why he and his comrades came to the moon in the first place: They were created by Professor Tsukimi, an old scientist living on Karakuri Island, and treated as family. But then one day, while they were watching the moon and eating snacks, a huge explosion happened on it. The professor, shocked by the unexpected event, swallowed his dumpling without chewing, resulting in him suffocating to death. After giving the professor a proper funeral and a tearful goodbye, the four automata traveled to the moon using balloons to take revenge on the ones responsible to the explosion that resulted in the accidental death of their beloved professor. Upon reaching the moon, they find the Space Pirates, and despite overwhelming odds, they do battle with them. In the end, however, all four of them were easily defeated.
In present time, Spacey continues to cry in regret of his loss, but then bears witness as Enel destroys the excavation site and defeats the Space Pirates with incredible ease. Spacey approaches him while carrying his comrades on a cart and expresses his gratitude for avenging their creator. Unmoved and annoyed, Enel zaps them all again.
Enel then sees a cave within the crater that the Space Pirates were digging and decides to enter. He then discovers an ancient hidden city beneath the moon's crust. In childish spite, Enel then attacks the city with his powers, but the electricity instead recharges it as well as with several ancient automata standing powerless within it. Spacey and his brothers arrive shortly after and, along with the ancient automata, thank Enel for awakening them.
Enel then looks at the wall paintings and discovers its history: it turns out that the Skypieans, Shandians and Birkans, the latter being his ancestors, all originated from the moon city and invented the automata. After using up their resources, the inhabitants decided to travel to Earth while giving a tearful goodbye to their creations.
The automata then pledge their loyalty to Enel for reawakening them. Though Enel was still annoyed by this, he gave thought to the fact that he was surrounded by endless followers along with the Fairy Vearth that he'd long sought. Thus, he creates a large device infused with his lightning powers that would forever keep the city alive. He stands tall as the leader of his new army.
- To the "Fairy Vearth" (Chapter 428)
- Arrived at the "Fairy Vearth!" (Chapter 429)
- A Hole with Signs of Life? (Chapter 430)
- Somebody's inside the hole! (Chapter 433)
- Attack first, think later! (Chapter 434)
- What a shame... it survived! (Chapter 435)
- First Lieutenant Spacey regrets his desertion in the face of the enemy (Chapter 436)
- Former Battlefield (Chapter 437)
- Someone else is here (Chapter 438)
- First Lieutenant Spacey, Defeated by a Space Pirate (Chapter 440)
- Space pirates take no prisoners (Chapter 441)
- He who is insolent shall receive God's judgment! (Chapter 442)
- A huge explosion (Chapter 443)
- My Vearth! Unbridled Rage (Chapter 444)
- The space pirates' moon ruins excavation plan (Chapter 445)
- A light (Chapter 447)
- Flashing Before My Eyes - The Day When I was Born on the Karakuri Island (Chapter 448)
- Watching the moon with Professor Moonwatcher (Chapter 450)
- While watching the moon, an explosion happened on it! (Chapter 451)
- Suffocated by the moon-watching dumpling; a tearful parting (Chapter 452)
- Well then, to the moon! (Chapter 453)
- Avenging the professor! A time when men must do what men do! The space pirates & 4 others obstruct him (Chapter 455)
- Regret! The space pirates were too strong! (Chapter 456)
- God's Judgment (Chapter 458)
- The space pirates at their wit's end (Chapter 459)
- Insolence! (Chapter 460)
- I want to say thanks for avenging our professor (Chapter 461)
- An attack for now (Chapter 462)
- The space pirates are in a canal (Chapter 463)
- A cave beneath the moon's surface (Chapter 465)
- An underground city appears in the darkness (Chapter 466)
- For now, attack the city! (Chapter 467)
- Energy surges through the ancient city (Chapter 468)
- Recharging successful! Thanking the destroyer (Chapter 469)
- Studying the paintings - the winged moon people of ancient times (Chapter 470)
- The name of the moon city was Birka. Due to a lack of resources, they set out for the blue planet (Chapter 472)
- Looking around, he sees a horde of loyal subordinates and a huge stretch of Vearth (Chapter 473)
- A full tank of fuel! The Enel army stands tall! (Chapter 474)
|Enel's Great Space Operations|
|Manga Chapters (covers)|