"The King of Fish-Man Island - The God of the Sea, Neptune!" is the 530th episode of the One Piece anime.
The episode starts with Gyro escaping from Hody Jones who in turn goes after him. The Straw Hat Pirates are in a town on Fish-Man Island and King Neptune and Megalo appear to invite the Straw Hats to Ryugu Palace.
Hody destroys Gyro's ship with handcuffs on to show how powerful he is. He defeated them all but left them still conscious so that they can tell about what is happening under sea to the people on earth.
In the open sea, Gyro remembers the time when he was attacked by the New Fish-Man Pirates and vowing never to return to the Fish-Man Island. On the Noah, Hody Jones turns down the offer from his subordinate Ikaros Much to defeat them and says that he will do it himself. Meanwhile, on Fish-Man Island, Nami reunites with Luffy and the others. Neptune, the island’s king, appears with his whale and Megalo before them. When Neptune offers the pirates to go to the Ryugu Palace for a banquet, they accept and depart for the palace.
Meanwhile, Hody uses Energy Steroids to destroy Gyro's ship with chains on his hands, using only his mouth. Zeo, another one of Hody's subordinates, reveals that fish-men are born with 10 times the strength as humans and an Energy Steroid increases their powers double that for each pill they take. After Hody reveals that both Fisher Tiger and Arlong's wills were destroyed by humans, he has his crew go up to Fish-Man Island and vows that he will kill Neptune and make the fish-men a superior race.
Characters in Order of AppearanceEdit
- An extra scene of Splash and Splatter is shown, where they are dressed as nurses and chase Sanji to give him more blood.
- Neptune inviting the Straw Hats to the Ryugu Palace is extended in the anime.
- In another extra scene, Pappag explains about the Ryugu Palace to the Straw Hats after Neptune invited them.
- When Hody Jones burst through Gyro's ship, he is seen biting a human when he arrives. In the anime, the pirate is merely thrown aside.
- In the manga, Gyro did not use his sword against Hody.
- From here, the introduction before the episode was shortened.