An Eternal Pose is a special type of compass used in the Grand Line. Like a Log Pose, it records the special magnetic waves of a certain island within the Grand Line, allowing the user to know which way to go to arrive at their destination. Unlike a Log Pose, which resets its recordings on new islands, an Eternal Pose always points to the same island, no matter how long it stays elsewhere.
It is an hourglass-like device with only one orb in the middle of the device, and a needle hanging from a wire inside of the orb.
These are used heavily by those who have a home port on a specific island of the Grand Line, as well as by the Marines. The Marines in particular seem to have several of these on stock and ship commanders may request one for reaching a specific island, as well as getting them for missions.
They appear to be available for purchase, though come at a high cost.
Eternal Pose OwnersEdit
Many characters throughout the story own an Eternal Pose, as it is necessary if one wants to go to a specific island.
- Nefertari Vivi: for Alabasta, given to Igaram.
- Nico Robin: for Nanimonai Island, destroyed by Monkey D. Luffy.
- Dorry and Brogy: for Elbaf.
- Mr. 13: for Alabasta, taken by Sanji.
- Marine Headquarters: Smoker requested one for Alabasta in his pursuit of Luffy.
- Masira: for Jaya, taken by Nico Robin.
- Mont Blanc Noland's expedition crew : for an unknown location, found in Shandora.
- Davy Back Fight participants: for Long Ring Long Land, given to the Donut Race participants. 
- Sun Pirates : for Foolshout Island.
- Dead End Race participants: for Partia, given to each participant crew of the race, apparently rigged by Gasparde to point to the Marine Base Navarone instead.
- Kuzan: for Piriodo, given to the Straw Hat Pirates.
- Several pirates: for Merveille, given by Shiki.
- Buena Festa: For Delta Island, given to each invitee of the Pirates Festival.
- Douglas Bullet: For Laugh Tale, offered as a prize for the Pirates Festival's treasure hunt, destroyed by Luffy.