The Evil Guardian is a being created from the hatred of the people on the island in One Piece: Unlimited Adventure. It was a statue of the island's guardian god that was given life by the orb. He serves as the main antagonist of the game.
The Evil Guardian is a muscular, humanoid figure with large arms and hands, slightly short legs, and a rather small head in comparison to the rest of his body. He is also very tall, standing over twice the size of a normal human. His skin is colored dark gray and has blue lines following his joints and the outlines of his muscles.
Most of his body is covered in black, golden and red armor and is very detailed. Small segments of black plates covers most of the muscles on his body, and on his shoulders are two large, round shoulder plates with three small dents on the front and the back. The shoulder plates themselves have golden outlines with swirl patterns, and under them are two smaller, red shoulder plates. Also, on the top of each of the black shoulder plates, there is a golden figure of his symbol, which can be detached. On his upper arms he has two stripes of cloth wrapped around them, and each of his lower arms is covered in red and grey armor with golden outlines that runs down from the lower arm to the hands and ending with spiked knuckles, and around each wrist he carries a golden, decorated wristband.
His waist itself is covered in golden armor with swirl patters, with a piece of a red belt on each side, and covering his front pelvis, he has a decorated greyish purple cloth with golden outlines. The upper part of his legs have a stripe of cloth around them, and his shoes are colored light grey with a red upper part, and have golden whirl patterns on each side.
Around his neck he also carries a decorated black - and golden colored collar, with wild, long red hair growing out from under it, and running down his back, resembling a mane, and on each side of the collar, he has a golden padlock attached, and a long piece of greyish purple cloth with golden rings on the ends hanging from the shoulders joints. Finally, he wears a golden, cylinder formed helmet with four red eye slides.
During the battle with the Evil Guardian, he begins emitting purple smoke when his health reaches a certain point.
In his second form, the Evil Master Beast resembles a beast, true to his name. He has a humanoid figure, but possess dragon-like features, such as a long reptilian tail and animal-like hind legs. He is extremely tall, standing almost four times the size of a normal human. He has rock-grey colored skin, long red fur growing in various places and several crystal-like spikes on his body.
The Evil Master Beast's torso is shown to have black segments on his chest and shoulder plates, with red and yellow glowing outlines. Directly under his pectorals he has a row of small spikes, and next to each shoulder he has one large pink spike. Between his upper body and his pelvis, he has a large blue orb, resembling the one used by Monkey D. Luffy in the game that connects his upper and lower body. On the edges of his body, around the orb, he has small rows of spikes in the front, and above the row on his upper body he has two blue eyes with no visible pupils, making his lower torso resemble a face.
Each of his arms is thin, yet muscular with black segments covering his muscles and has red and yellow glowing outlines. Each of his shoulders have red fur and is mostly covered in red fur with several small pink spikes, and one very large pink spike on top of them. His upper arms is partly covered in red fur with several small and one large pink spike, and he have red tufts of fur growing at his wrists. His hands have pink spikes sticking out from each of his knuckles, and his fingers have long, curved claws.
His lower body consist of his pelvis, with a long, rock-grey tail with a red, jagged spine running down it, and hind legs, similar to the legs found at various mammals. His upper legs have several tiny spikes sticking out close to the pelvis, and have red fur growing out from just above the knee caps, down to the bottom joint of his lower legs. His feet themselves have red fur growing at the ends and each have three toes with large claws.
He has also possess a rather long and muscular neck, with a beaded necklace, similar to Portgas D. Ace's, but with larger beads and a small tuft hanging from the bead in the middle, and a very small head. The head itself has blue eyes without pupils, and is almost completely covered in red fur with yellow streaks, except from a small area in the front and has long red hair running down his back.
Due to being born from the islanders' hatred and dark thoughts, the Evil Guardian is pure evil and malevolence. He is cold, emotionless, and cares only about destruction. Because he was created to protect the island from invaders, he displays a single-minded interest in keeping any intruder away from the island. However, he takes this aspect to an extreme degree, viewing everyone, including the islanders, as intruders and threats that must be eliminated, even if the island gets destroyed in the process.
Since he originally was a statue of the island's guardian god, the Evil Guardian believes himself to be the true guardian god.
After his transformation, the Evil Master Beast was been consumed by rage, and thus became more wild and savage. The creature acts purely on instincts, having become nothing more than a mindless beast.
With his transformation, he has also seemingly lost whatever intelligence he may have had as Evil Guardian, taking on more animal-like behavior, such as walking on all fours and only speaking through growls and roars. The only times he talks in human language is when he calls out the names of his attacks, or other simple words.
Abilities and Powers
The Evil Guardian is shown to possess high physical strength, being able to break free of the thick metal chains that kept him imprisoned, after the seal was released, however. His strength also allows him to cause large and potent impacts when smashing his hands down, and create wide tremors and shock waves when stomping into the ground, all which can cause major damage.
He also displays the ability to produce and manipulate an unknown form of energy, This does not only amplify the power of his attacks, but also allows him to perform feats, such as continuously sending streams of energy waves into the ground, launching large orbs of purple energy, unleash orange shock waves, and generate lightning.
The Evil Guardian's power are so great that when the Straw Hat Pirates arrived at the Dimension Zone, his power had completely disordered the space in the area, causing rocks that fell down from where the Straw Hat Pirates stood, to come down from above. In fact, even with the seal only partly broken at that time, Robin remarked that you could feel an incredible strong pressure in that place. Also, when the seal finally was broken, his power caused a eerie feeling to wash over the island.
He has also shown the ability to create and control a seemingly limitless number of his underlings, the Ancient Soldiers, which are robot-like soldiers that carry out his desire to eliminate all intruders. These soldiers come in many varieties and each variant possesses unique skills and powers, from swordsmanship, to the ability to mimic the attacks of the previous foes the Straw Hat Pirates had met.
The Evil Guardian's main weakness, however, is that he has very slow movements. Unlike most other characters in the game, he cannot dash, evade or run, and is only shown using slow walk to move around, which makes him an easy target for long range attacks. This weakness also involves his attacks and other techniques, utilizing slow movements to execute them. This weakness allows small, fast and agile creatures such as Popora to move in for an attack, and to easily avoid his punches and strikes.
The Evil Guardian also appears to be semi-immortal, being able to survive a thousand years of imprisonment, without any need for nourishment or other things needed for survival.
As a result of the Evil Guardian's transformation into the Evil Master Beast, he has received a large increase in both powers and physical attributes, and has gained new abilities as well.
Although it is not shown, it is safe to assume that he possesses the same extraordinary high physical strength he had as Evil Guardian, which has only been raised to higher levels after his transformation. He has also received a massive boost in speed. Where he as Evil Guardian could only move through slow walk, he is now able to run and is even shown being able to quickly dash around the battlefield, appearing as if he is hovering above the ground.
He is also shown to have maintained his ability to manipulate and control an unknown form of energy. With his transformation, this ability has been vastly increased, allowing him to unleash energy waves and streams with much more intensity, appearing as if they were flames, and create highly potent balls of energy.
The Evil Master Beast is also shown to have gained the ability to copy the techniques from previous bosses (Not including optional bosses) that the opponent has met, be they Devil Fruit powers, special skills, or even weapon arsenals. This ability is similar to the one wielded by some of his minions, the Ancient Soldiers. Whenever he successfully executes one of these copied attacks, a symbol related to the original user of the attack, appears.
In terms of battle style, the Evil Master Beast focuses purely on power. He launches strong attacks towards the opponent, which stops him in his tracks and then proceeds to overwhelm him with extremely powerful techniques. This is also his greatest weakness, since it takes time to execute these powerful techniques and thus leaves him wide open for other attackers.
While the Evil Guardian prefers to use hand-to-hand combat and energy attacks, he is shown being able to use the two golden figures of his symbol, on his shoulders as weapons. In battle, he is able to remove them both from his shoulders and transform them, creating a dark ring with blue markings, and with three small spikes on one end and one long spike on the other, around each symbol, making them resemble shields. While in this form, he is shown being able to dual-wield them, and use them to channel lightning through them to perform his special attack. It is unknown if they have other functions.
- Strong Arm: A basic horizontal swing with his arm. When he swings his arm, he creates a wide orange wave that goes along with it.
- Cave-in: He swings both of his arms back over his head and then brings them down, creating a large impact on the ground. While swinging his arms down, he leaves a orange wave behind.
- Surge: He pulls both his arms back on his side, stretched out, and his hands and the symbol on his shoulders glows purple. He then puts his hands out in front and launches a large orb of purple energy, which then will follow the opponent, until it fades away.
- Great Surge: His hands and the symbol on his shoulders glows purple, and he starts hammering into the ground in front of him, sending yellow and orange energy waves through the ground, in a straight line.
- Earthquake: He jumps into the air and starts emitting purple smoke. He then forcefully stomps into the ground, creating a large impact of yellow energy, and tremors in the nearby area.
- Cataclysm: The Evil Guardian's special attack. He detaches the two symbols on his shoulders, and transforms them. He then thrust the end with the long spike into the ground, and launches yellow and orange lightning from the symbols into the air, while unleashing waves of orange energy. The lightning will then follow the opponent, trying to strike the opponent from above, until the attack ends.
After transforming, the Evil Master Beast develops new abilities.
- El Thor (
神の裁きEru Tōru?, literally translated as "Judgment of God"): An attack borrowed from Enel. The Evil Master Beast focuses a large cluster of electricity above his target, and then uses it to send a huge and powerful lightning bolt crashing down from the sky, deep frying said unlucky target. Whenever he uses this attack, Enel’s tomoe symbol appears.
- Flame Fist (火拳 Hiken?, literally meaning "Fire Fist"): An attack borrowed from Portgas D. Ace. The Evil Master Beast turns his fist into flames and launches it as a column of fire at his target. This attack is so incredibly powerful that it is able to plow through several ships in one shot. Whenever he uses this attack, the Whitebeard Pirates' jolly roger appears. This is one its strongest attacks.
- Modoku Gas Dan MH5 (猛毒ガス弾 M・H・5 Mōdoku Gasu Dan MH5?, literally meaning "Deadly Poison Gas Bomb: MH5"): An attack borrowed from Don Krieg. A bomb containing extremely potent deadly poison gas that the Evil Master Beast launches toward the opponent. It creates a very large cloud of poison upon impact, and the gas is usually fatal to those without a gas mask. As claimed by the original user, Don Krieg, it could destroy an entire village with one shot. Whenever the Evil Master Beast uses this attack, the Krieg Pirates' jolly roger appears.
- Ground Death (
浸食輪廻Guraundo Desu?, literally translated as "Cycle of Erosion"): An attack borrowed from Crocodile. The Evil Master Beast places his hand on the ground and dries up everything in the surrounding area. This does not only include the ground, but anything and everything on it including people and even buildings, all of which is transformed into sand if it has steady contact with the ground. The speed at which things dry also seemingly increases. Whenever he uses this attack, the symbol of Baroque Works appears.
- Ice Age (
氷河時代Aisu Eiji?): An attack borrowed from Aokiji. The Evil Master Beast places his hand to the ground and instantly freezes an entire huge area turning it into a cold, frozen wasteland for one week. Not only does it freezes the area, but turns anything and everything in the area, including living organisms, into completely frozen statues. It is undetermined how long the targets of this version would remain frozen. Theoretically, if used near the ocean or another large area of water, he can, like Aokiji, when placing his hand in the water, instantly freeze it (along with anything in/on it) completely solid and the actual extent of the ice could stretch for miles and last for over a week. Whenever he uses this attack, the symbol of the Marines appear.
- Rokuogan (六王銃 Rokuōgan?, literally meaning "Six King Gun"): An attack borrowed from Rob Lucci. This technique is the secret and ultimate attack of the Rokushiki style. The Evil Master Beast places both his fists right in front of the target and launches a devastating shock wave, which seems to have the same power as an Impact Dial or even a Reject Dial (depending on the amount of energy absorbed by the dial), and causing massive internal injuries. Whenever he uses this attack, the symbol of the World Government appears. Oddly enough as stated by Rob Lucci, one must have absolute mastery of the other six skills of Rokushiki in order to use this technique, but the Evil Master Beast is not shown using any other Rokushiki skill, let alone displayed any mastery.
- Flood of Rage: The Evil Master Beast's special attack and the only attack not copied from another character. He lets out a large roar, the eyes on his torso starts to glows and he lets out large and intense streams of orange energy from his body, which then flows up above him. He then falls down on all fours and forms eight large balls of red and orange energy that he then launches, one by one, towards the opponent, until he runs out of balls.
A thousand years prior the Straw Hat Pirates' arrival to the island, the Evil Guardian was nothing more than a statue of the guardian god of the island. The inhabitants of the island wanted the visitors that kept coming to the island to seek out the islands secret, to go away, as they feared their island was in danger of being invaded. They believed Popora was not strong enough to protect them and asked Sealed to turn Popora into something that could defend them against the invaders. When he refused, they stole Sealed's orb and used it, in hatred toward the invaders, to bring the statue of the guardian god to life.
However, as warned by Sealed, the hatred-born guardian turned on the inhabitants, destroying both the island and its people. At some point later, the Evil Guardian approached Sealed, and tried to kill him. However, to prevent the Evil Guardian from further destroying the island, and possibly the world, Sealed sacrificed his life to seal the Evil Guardian away with his orb. He succeeded, and the Evil Guardian was placed in a cavern below the island. The entrance to the cave locked with twelve seals that were spread across the island.
One Piece: Unlimited Adventure
A thousand years later, the Straw Hat Pirates arrived at the island, as Luffy found the orb that summoned the island from the ocean. Believing the imprisoned Evil Guardian to be a hidden treasure at first, the Straw Hat Pirates began breaking the seals across the island, hoping to find treasure, but in reality they brought him closer to being revived for each broken seal.
After having broken half of the seals, he was given enough freedom to unleash his underlings, the Majin Soldiers, upon the island and captured Popora.
Later, after having found Popora and broken eight of the twelve seals, the Straw Hat Pirates agreed to help Popora by freeing the Evil Guardian and defeating him once and for all.
After finally releasing all the seals, the Evil Guardian was freed from his prison and free to unleash his wrath upon the island. Shortly after though, the Straw Hat Pirates and Popora arrived at the Evil Guardian's prison for a final confrontation. Hanging in chains above the group, he witnessed their arrival and broke free from the chains to fall below and eliminate the group. Popora instantly attacked the Evil Guardian, but he easily repelled him with a single punch. He proceeded to fight the Straw Hat Pirates. The crew managed to defeat him, but as a consequence of his defeat, the hatred and rage that were used to create him and fuel him was released in a form of orange and yellow energy that swirled above the Evil Guardian. He then reabsorbed that energy in a column of light, and as a result, he transformed into the Evil Master Beast. With regained strength and increased abilities, born from rage, he resumed where he left off and began fighting the Straw Hat Pirates again.
Despite his newfound strength and powers, the Evil Master Beast was defeated once more. His body could not withstand the damage he had received, and as the battle ended, he fell to the ground with a roar. The orb in his midsection then began to glow. In a bright explosion of light and energy, his body was incinerated, and his orb instantly shattered, ending the terror of the Evil Master Beast forever.
The Evil Guardian appears again in One Piece Unlimited Cruise 1: The Treasure Beneath The Waves, as one of the game's optional bosses. Here, a copy of him created by the Great Tree can be found on the Cave Isle where he serves as one of the optional ordeals the Straw Hat Pirates can chose to overcome. Once he is defeated, he turns into a seed that Gaburi eats and converts into a treasure.
The Evil Master Beast appears again in One Piece Unlimited Cruise 2: Awakening of a Hero as one of several boss characters in Boss Rush Mode.
- Aside from El Thor, all of the Evil Master Beast's attacks are classified as special attacks in One Piece: Unlimited Adventure.
- Having been born a thousand years ago, he is, together with the tortoise on which Mecha Island lies, Zunesha, Popola and Sealed, the only known being to have existed since before the beginning of the Void Century. Like the previous ones (with the exception of Sealed) he remained alive until the formation of the Straw Hat crew.
- Besides, the story of him destroying the island and its inhabitants is one of the very few events known to have taken place before that period.
- His voice actor, Daisuke Gōri, was the first voice of Jinbe and many more characters, he sadly passed away in 2010.
- One Piece Video Games - One Piece: Unlimited Adventure, The Straw Hat Pirates fight the Evil Guardian, who transforms into the Evil Master Beast.