|The following article has no references to the official sources.|
The Fallen Monk Pirates are an infamous and notable rookie pirate crew who were first seen on Sabaody Archipelago around the time the Straw Hat Pirates arrived there two years ago. As such, they are part of the Worst Generation, with their captain being Urouge
The crew's flag is a cartoon-like representation of Urouge's face (with his usual smile and his pierced ears) and wings with his red bead necklace forming a circle in the background.
The Fallen Monk Pirates seem to share the same dark skin tone as their captain, Urouge, and even wear the same brown monk robes. It is unknown whether Urouge is the only one to have come from a Sky Island or not though it seems likely as he is the only one so far shown with their trademark wings.
It can be assumed that they are strong because of their captain's high bounty and the fact that they made it all the way to Sabaody Archipelago. Urouge is also noted as one of the super rookies who appeared on Sabaody Archipelago before the Battle of Marineford. Despite Urouge being incapacitated, the crew was still able to escape from Kizaru's attack. A further testament to the crew's strength and their miraculous knack for survival is the fact that their captain defeated Charlotte Snack, a man with a 600,000,000 bounty on his head and one of the Sweet Commanders of the Yonko, Charlotte Linlin. When they incurred the wrath of the Yonko, they were forced to fight Charlotte Cracker's entire fleet, and although they were defeated, the crew managed to escape alive once again and were last seen recovering on a Sky Island known as the Ballon Terminal. Their presence on a sky island also indicates that the crew has a method of traveling to and from the island clouds.
- Further information: Hanjomaru
The crew's ship is called the Hanjomaru (般城丸 Hanjōmaru?). Their ship takes on a Japanese folklore theme, with a white Oni figurehead that has sharp yellow teeth, large white wings, and a crossed nagitana and hannya and a shield behind it. It has two masts. The front bears two white sails, with the top plain and the bottom brandishing the crew's jolly roger. The front mast also has a crow's nest, a jolly roger flag, and a shrine above the bottom sail. The back mast has a single black-striped mast that has a large part of its middle section missing, as well as another jolly roger flag on top. The cabin is designed to look like a shrine, as well. The helm is on a raised platform, and each side of the ship has four cannons.
The Fallen Monk Pirates originated from a sky island, but eventually descended to the Blue Seas, where their captain made himself a reputation.
Summit War SagaEdit
Sabaody Archipelago ArcEdit
They eventually reached Sabaody Archipelago. When the Straw Hat Pirates defied the World Nobles, the Fallen Monk Pirates tried to flee but were intercepted by the Pacifista and Admiral Kizaru. Though Urouge was defeated, he and his crew managed to escape.
During the TimeskipEdit
On a Sky Island, Urouge was recovering from wounds he had received. The crew told him that someone was approaching and that person was the Yonko known as Kaido. When Kaido decided to jump from the Sky Island, Urouge did nothing to interfere and just prayed for him as he fell onto the island below.
- The Fallen Monk Pirates are the first pirate crew to come from an unnamed Sky Island to be introduced in the series and the only to be included in the top rookies.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 51 Chapter 498 (p. 16) and Episode 392.
- ↑ SBS One Piece Manga — Vol. 74 (p. 146), The Supernovas' Jolly Rogers are revealed.
- ↑ Volume 10089 — Hanjomaru is named.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 52 Chapter 508 (p. 6-14) and Episode 401.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 58 Chapter 565 (p. 3) and Episode 474.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 59 Chapter 581 (p. 4) and Episode 490.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 60 Chapter 594 (p. 19) and Episode 511.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 79 Chapter 793 (p. 9) and Episode 736.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 79 Chapter 795 (p. 12-13) and Episode 739.