The Fire Festival is an annual celebration, held by the residents of Wano Country's capital, the Flower Capital to commemorate the Beasts Pirates saving the nation from the "evil" Kozuki Family. During the event, the Shogun of Wano, Kurozumi Orochi, and his procession travel to Onigashima, Kaido's residence, to show the country gratitude.
However, this is a facade as the real purpose is for the Shogun to have a banquet with his allies at the expense of the residents.
20 years ago, as part of the Beasts Pirates and the Shogun of Wano, Kurozumi Orochi, plot to take over Wano Country from the Kozuki Family, Orochi had the head of the family, Oden executed, while the beast pirates burn down the family's home, the Oden Castle, seemingly killing the rest of the family and their allies. Following that, the Shogun and the pirates took control on the land, and claimed to have free to country from Oden's dangerous "Open Country Idea".
Believing the Beast pirates has issued in an era of peace, the residents of Wano started celebrating their feat, and established the festival as a way to pay their respects to the crew.
Wano Country ArcEdit
About two weeks before the upcoming festival, Monkey D. Luffy and his group arrived at Wano for the Ninja-Pirate-Mink-Samurai Alliance's plan to take down Kaido. Shortly after his arrival, he met with Kin'emon who explained the alliance's plan of attacking the Beast Pirates on the night of the festival.
Four days later, the shogun of Wano, Kurozumi Orochi, had a private prelude party for his close allies. For her part in the alliance's plan, Nico Robin infiltrated the party under the guise of one of the dancing geisha in order to get close to the shogun. However, Robin was discovered sneaking around the castle by the Orochi Oniwabanshu and was forced to escape. The ninjas searched for Robin, finding her at the party hall, at the same time Komurasaki stood up to Orochi to defend Toko, causing Kyoshiro to cut her down, enabling the alliance to escape in the chaos. At the Northern Cemetery in Ringo, the capital group joined with Kanjuro and Robin updated him on what she could find. After the hidden message was discovered, the Beasts Pirates started arresting every person with the mark of the Kozuki Family, a crescent moon, on their ankle. When Kin'emon was informed about the leak, he began to worry about his allies and their plan.
- Traditionally, a real world fire festival is a common Japanese custom of igniting a large bonfire during celebratory events.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 One Piece Manga — Vol. 91 Chapter 920 (p. 17), The Fire Festival is mentioned.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 One Piece Manga — Vol. 91 Chapter 921 (p. 3-5), Kiku explains The Fire Festival tredition.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 91 Chapter 919 (p. 6-7), A classroom is taught about the nation history.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 92 Chapter 929 (p. 13-16), The shogun's party is shown.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Chapter 933 (p. 17), The time between Orochi's party to the festival is stated.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 92– Chapters 931–932 (p. 11-13, 3-8), Robin's information gathering is cut short.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Chapters 932–933 (p. 16-17, 2-16), The party ends.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Chapter 934 (p. 8-9), Robin reveals the intel she found.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Chapter 938 (p. 4-6), The Beasts Pirates round up and capture the alliance's allies.