Funwari Island is one of 34 islands surrounding Whole Cake Island as part of the Big Mom Pirates' main territory known as Totto Land. It was run by Charlotte Chiffon, the Minister of Puffs (ふんわり大臣 Funwari Daijin?) until she ran away to escape her mother's wrath.
Less than 62 years ago, Funwari Island became part of the Big Mom Pirates territory also known as "Totto Land", and its appearance was changed to its current look using Charlotte Linlin and Streusen's Devil Fruits (the Soru Soru no Mi and Kuku Kuku no Mi respectively).
Four Emperors Saga
Whole Cake Island Arc
As the Fire Tank Pirates were heading for Liqueur Island to feed the substitute wedding cake to Big Mom, Chiffon suggested changing their destination to Funwari Island instead to give the Straw Hat Pirates more time to escape. After the Fire Tank Pirates arrived with the cake, the citizens on the island panicked while cursing Chiffon, as Big Mom approached the cake. The citizens then witnessed Big Mom eating the cake, which stopped her craving rampage.
The Fire Tank Pirates escaped the island by stealing a tarteship. After coming back to her senses, Big Mom departed for Cacao Island.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 89 Chapter 899 (p. 3, 6-7) and Episode 874.
- One Piece Anime — Episode 871.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 89 Chapter 894 (p. 10) and Episode 868, Funwari Island is mentioned by Chiffon.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 82 Chapter 827 (p. 5) and Episode 785, Pekoms explains Totto Land to the Sanji Retrieval Team.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 88 Chapter 880 (p. 2) and Episode 852, Chiffon is identified as the Minister of Puffs.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 90 Chapter 901 and Episode 876, Fire Tank Pirates escape from Totto Land.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 86 Chapter 868 (p. 8-11) and Episode 838, Streusen and Linlin begin their takeover of the archipelago.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 89 Chapter 900 and Episode 875.