Funwari Island is one of 34 islands surrounding Whole Cake Island as part of the Big Mom Pirates' main territory known as Totto Land. It was run by Charlotte Chiffon, the Minister of Puffs (ふんわり大臣 Funwari Daijin?) until she ran away to escape her mother's wrath.
Less than 62 years ago, Funwari Island became part of the Big Mom Pirates territory also known as "Totto Land", and its appearance was changed to its current look using Charlotte Linlin and Streusen's Devil Fruits (the Soru Soru no Mi and Kuku Kuku no Mi respectively).
Whole Cake Island ArcEdit
As the Fire Tank Pirates were heading for Liqueur Island to feed the substitute wedding cake to Big Mom, Chiffon suggested changing their destination to Funwari Island instead to give the Straw Hat Pirates more time to escape. After the Fire Tank Pirates arrived with the cake, the citizens on the island panicked while cursing Chiffon, as Big Mom approached the cake. The citizens then witnessed Big Mom eating the cake, which stopped her craving rampage.
The Fire Tank Pirates escaped the island by stealing a tarteship. After coming back to her senses, Big Mom departed for Cacao Island.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 89 Chapter 894 (p. 10) and Episode 871, Funwari Island is mentioned by Chiffon.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 82 Chapter 827 (p. 5) and Episode 785, Pekoms explains Totto Land to the Sanji Retrieval Team.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 One Piece Manga — Vol. 88 Chapter 880 (p. 2), Chiffon is identified as the Minister of Puffs.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 90 Chapter 901, Fire Tank Pirates escape from Totto Land.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 One Piece Manga — Vol. 89 Chapter 899 (p. 6-7), Funwari Island is in chaos.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 86 Chapter 868 (p. 8-11), Streusen and Linlin begin their takeover of the archipelago.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 89 Chapter 894 (p. 10), Chiffon mentions changing the destination to Funwari Island.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 89 Chapter 900.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 90 Chapter 901.