He is clearly based on Galley, a prototypical character in Romance Dawn, Version 1, both in his design and his Jolly Roger. However, though based on Galley, his appearance is stark contrast to the original. Apart from being older, Gally is a tall lanky pirate that wears a unique looking tricorne. The middle corner of the hat is curved downward in a way that it resembles the top half of a crescent moon when seen in conjunction with Gally's beard.
Gally is fairly ruthless, since he and his crew raided buildings of civilians for their personal benefit.
Abilities and PowersEdit
He and his crew were raiding buildings at Loguetown right as Marine Captain Smoker was out looking for the pirate, Monkey D. Luffy. He proclaimed that the food supplies that he had looted would aid him in his path to become King of the Pirates. Unfortunately for him, he was easily captured by Smoker, who became disappointed that Gally was not Luffy. He was last seen beaten and tied up alongside his crew by Smoker.
Translation and Dub IssuesEdit
- Though clearly being based on Galley, this character's name is seen in the opening of the ninth movie, where bounty posters are flipped through and his name is spelled "Gally".
- His name is sometimes translated as Crescent-Moon Gary. He was known as Galley the Crescent in the FUNimation dub.
- It appears that several members of Alvida Pirates including Peppoko and Poppoko became members of Gally's crew. Peppoko and two other members, however, appear with a different color scheme. Heppoko, on the other hand, was not seen amongst Gally's crew.
- Despite being arrested by Smoker, his bounty poster has not been crossed out.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 One Piece Anime — Episode 48, Gally is defeated by Smoker.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 One Piece Movie 9, Gally's bounty poster is shown alongside many others.
- ↑ One Piece Anime — Episode 48, Several members the Alvida Pirates reappear under Gally.