Giberson is an older man whose back is slightly hunched. He has a big white mustache and wears a tall striped hat on his head; no hair can be seen on the top of his head. He wears a striped suit and pants.
Giberson appears to be a heavy drinker, as he has always been seen with a bottle in hand, and often acts jovially drunk.
Despite the Charlotte Family revealing their treacherous plot to destroy the Vinsmoke Family, Giberson insensitively found Vinsmoke Judge's crying and pleas to be amusing, and was not bothered by this act of betrayal (albeit not directed to him).
Abilities and Powers
Whole Cake Island Arc
Giberson was invited to Big Mom's Tea Party, where Charlotte Pudding and Sanji would get married. He and several other emperors arrived on Whole Cake Island, and when Morgans expressed excitement at reporting the tea party in the news, Giberson replied that the news would be old once it reached the Underworld. Charlotte Perospero then escorted the emperors to the banquet hall on a candy escalator, and the tea party began.
As the tea party began, Giberson and his fellow emperors presented Big Mom with their gifts. They were excited to see the Tamatebako nearby and hear that Big Mom would reveal its contents after the wedding ceremony. Later, he mingled with Vinsmoke Reiju. As the wedding cake was presented to the attendees by Streusen, Giberson and Morgans were amazed at the sight of it. During the wedding ceremony, Monkey D. Luffy and several copies of him burst out of the cake, and in the midst of the chaos, one of the Luffy duplicates jumped on Giberson's back and began playing with his hat.
When the Big Mom Pirates revealed their treachery to the Vinsmoke Family, Giberson was amused by how Vinsmoke Judge was crying in the face of death. Moments later, Luffy caused Big Mom to start her strange scream and Giberson was immobilized from having to cover his ears.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 86 Chapter 860 (p. 8-12, 15-17) and Episode 828, Giberson makes his debut.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 86 Chapter 860 (p. 9) and Episode 830.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 85 Chapter 857 (p. 9) and Episode 826, Jinbe mentions the emperors of the Underworld.
- SBS One Piece Manga — Vol. 90, https://one-piece.com/special/sbs/detail/9.html
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 86 Chapter 864 (p. 14) and Episode 834, Giberson and Du Feld find the Vinsmoke Family's impending doom amusing.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 86 Chapter 865 (p. 12) and Episode 835, Giberson reacts to Big Mom's scream.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 86 Chapter 861 (p. 6-7, 14) and Episode 831, Giberson participates in the tea party.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 86 Chapter 862 (p. 4-5) and Episode 832, Giberson reacts to the wedding cake unveiling.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 86 Chapter 863 (p. 16), Giberson is harassed by a Luffy duplicate.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 87 Chapter 872 and Episodes 842–843, The Whole Cake Chateau collapses.