As the White Berets, they wear a characteristic uniform that consists of light-purple T-shirts, blue with white cloud-shaped spots wide trousers, Jet Ski and white berets with letters "WB" on them. They are armed with two-bladed knives and bows shooting Sky Arrows.
They are the most lenient, gentle and understanding out of all the guardians in Skypiea. White Berets act strangely sometimes: they crawl without a reason, and saying the traditional Skypiean "Heso" they make hand gestures in a characteristic way.
- †: the character is deceased.
- *: the character's status is unknown, or show additional information. Hovering the symbol may give further details.
- ≠: the character is non-canon.
- ‡: the character is no longer part of this group. Hovering the symbol may give further details.
Abilities and Powers
They act under direct orders from the Skypiea's Priests. They have no real superhuman skills like the priests of the Upper Yard. White Berets perform their duties of tracking down criminals and labeling them with "degrees" of their being criminals, so as to establish a universal punishment.
Sky Arrows (also called Milky Arrows) are weapons used by the White Berets. The arrows create spirals in the air made of cloud on which the White Berets can surf in order to confuse and capture the enemy. This attack has little effect on Luffy. They also dole out punishment depending on the crime committed.
Each type of crime belonged to a certain class. These have been abolished since Enel's defeat and the banishment of his four priests. The known crimes and penalties for them are shown below:
|11||Illegal entrance to Skypiea||To pay 10 times the entrance fee (10,000,000,000 per person).|
|10||Destruction of Sky Island property|
|9||Capture of rare animal species|
|8||Stealing Sky Island property|
|8||Eating rare species|
|7||Threatening a White Beret|
|6||Snoring (sound pollution)|
|5||Obstruction of the White Berets||Cloud Drifting|
|2||Beating the White Berets||Ordeals by the Priests|
|1||Evading Judgment by a Priest||That is considered to be a declaration of war against the God Enel.|
The White Berets were first introduced when they came to arrest the Straw Hats for entering Skypiea illegally. They believed that by remaining on the island and trying to prevent anyone from incurring God's anger, they could protect the citizens, but in the end this plan turned to be a miserable failure.
When they discovered Enel planned to destroy all of Skypiea, they turned against him and helped the people from Angel Island get to safety.
- The name "White Berets" is most likely a pun on the "Green Berets", a hat worn by special forces units in Australia, the United Kingdom, France, and the United States.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 26 Chapter 241 (p. 17) and Episode 155, White Berets make their debut.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 66 Chapter 648, cover story: From the Decks of the World Vol. 31, The group changes their name.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 26 Chapter 243 and Episode 156, McKinley talks about crime classes.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 27 Chapter 250 and Episode 163, Satori tells about Class-1 crime.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 30 Chapter 279 and Episode 182, McKinley talks to Conis.