Due to the nature of his SMILE transformation, Hamlet has an entire giraffe's body growing from his backside starting from the neck, thus leaving his main body hanging several meters in the air. He has long, shaggy light hair and possesses the ears and ossicones of a giraffe. He wears a regal-looking cloak that leaves his chest exposed and has pronounced shoulder pads, dark gloves, and also wears giraffe-printed pants and boots with spurs.
Hamlet is very cocky, speaking in a condescending tone to his underlings and being confident that he would easily deal with the threats they were afraid of.
Abilities and Powers
As a Shinuchi, Hamlet has authority over the lower-ranking members of the Beasts Pirates.
Hamlet ate a Giraffe SMILE (キリンの
Hamlet wields two cutlasses, though has not been shown using them in combat.
Wano Country Arc
When the Ninja-Pirate-Mink-Samurai Alliance invaded Onigashima on the day of the Fire Festival, Hamlet and Fourtricks confronted their subordinates who were being easily beaten by Monkey D. Luffy, Sanji, and Jinbe. They thought little of their subordinates' worries and confidently confronted the trio, only to instantly be beaten aside.
Later, Hamlet was fed a dango created by Tama with the Kibi Kibi no Mi which "tamed" him and caused him to be loyal to her. When Tama spoke to the tamed Gifters in the fortress to aid the alliance in bringing down Kaidou, Hamlet obeyed her and began attacking his crewmates.
Anime and Manga Differences
- Hamlet is a card game invented by games scholar David Parlett, fitting with the card game-themed names of the Shinuchi.
- Hamlet is the title character of the play, The Tragedy of Hamlet, Prince of Denmark, written by English playwright William Shakespeare.
- Hamlet is ranked by Eiichiro Oda as his second favorite SMILE user design, behind only Holed'em.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 98 Chapter 994 (p. 7-8), Hamlet makes his debut.
- One Piece Anime — Episode 982, Hamlet participates in Queen's Golden Kagura festivities in the anime.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 101 Chapter 1017.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 101 Chapter 1018 (p. 2).
- @Eiichiro_Staff on Twitter, Hamlet appears in the Where's Wally? in One Piece illustration.
- SBS One Piece Manga — Vol. 99 (p. 134).