The Hebi Hebi no Mi, Model: Yamata no Orochi is a Mythical Zoan-type Devil Fruit that allows the user to transform into a hybrid and full version of the Yamata no Orochi, an eight-headed serpent. It was eaten by Kurozumi Orochi.
- Hebi (蛇?) is Japanese for "snake".
- "Yamata no Orochi" (
八岐大蛇?) is a Japanese 8-headed mythological snake, the name meaning "eight-branch giant snake".
Strengths and WeaknessesEdit
This fruit grants the user eight separate, extremely long-necked heads, each one capable of speech on their own. It appears that the user has some degree of control about the number of heads that can sprout at once, with eight being the maximum limit. Curiously, some of Orochi's human form features, such as his crown and mustache, are present only in one of the heads. In this form, Orochi is able to easily lift Komurasaki with one of his snake heads.
In this form, the user is able to bite opponents with a considerable amount of strength and range, the latter due to the elongated necks. The user also has a fair amount of durability in their transformed state, with Orochi being capable of sustaining damage from a ceiling collapsing on his head with few repercussions. The fruit has no known weaknesses aside from the standard Devil Fruit weaknesses.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 One Piece Manga — Vol. 92 Chapter 927 (p. 15), The fruit's power is first displayed.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 93 Chapter 933 (p. 2), The fruit is first named.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 93 Chapter 933 (p. 2-4).
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 93 Chapter 932 (p. 16-17).
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 93 Chapter 933 (p. 3-4, 14).
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 93 Chapter 933 (p. 9-10).
- Yamata no Orochi: Wikipedia article about the creature this fruit transforms into.