Henna Oyag is a wanted criminal that has appeared only in wanted posters so far. He has a bounty of 1,200,000.
Henna Oyag is a scary-looking old man with a large smile, a few missing teeth, large ears, and wide eyes. He has very short blond hair and wears a beige shirt.
Henna Oyag is seen smiling fiendishly in his wanted poster, suggesting either a cruel or creepy nature.
Abilities and Powers
His physical abilities are unknown, but he is presumably stronger than the average person due to his bounty.
His wanted poster appeared again in the Gold Roger Bar.
Episode of Chopper Plus
Henna Oyag’s wanted poster appeared again in the opening of the movie in a stack with many other wanted posters.
One Piece: Stampede
Henna Oyag’s wanted poster (with his last name written "OYAJI") appeared during the movie on a wall.
Translation and Dub Issues
His name is a part-romanization and part-pun of the term Hen'na-oyaji (変な親父?), which loosely translates to "weird old man" but is often used, especially in the Tokyo dialect, as a euphemism for middle-aged lechers.
- He may be an homage to comedian Ken Shimura's Hen'na-ojisan (変なおじさん? a variant on Hen'na-oyaji, more common to the Kansai dialect), a Benny Hill-esque character famed for his risqué humor. Eiichiro Oda is a known fan of Shimura, and has homaged him several times in One Piece proper.
- Wanted!, Henna Oyag's wanted poster first appears.
- One Piece Anime — Episode 45, Henna Oyag's wanted poster appears on Fullbody's ship.
- One Piece Movie 9, Henna Oyag's wanted poster appears in a stack with other posters.
- One Piece Movie 14, Henna Oyag's wanted poster appears on a wall with other posters.
- One Piece Blue: Grand Data File , See The Grand Line's translation of "Teach Me, Oda-sensei!"
- SBS One Piece Manga — Vol. 8 (p. 65), Oda confirms Luffy is performing Shimura's "Ai-n!" pose on the cover of Volume 3.
- SBS One Piece Manga — Vol. 18 (p. 66), Oda confirms Tony Tony Chopper's "happy" dance is mimicking Shimura's "Hen'na-ojisan" routine.