Jizo is a very tall and rotund man with gray skin covered in small dots, making him resemble a statue. His bald head is abnormally large and ovoid, and his earlobes are wider than average. He has a lumpy nose, droopy eyes, and is always seen with a frown.
Jizo wears a solid beige kimono, dark green hakama with a light green sash, a large kasa, and dark purple sandals. As part of his Mimawarigumi uniform, he also wears a white cloak over his shoulders which has a jagged black design at the end of the sleeves and bottom, as well as a thin purple rope tied around his shoulders and torso.
Jizo appeared to take his job serving the shogun seriously. He also seemed to have some respect for Orochi, as he appeared distressed and pitied him after he was beheaded by Kaidou, although he got over it quickly and adjusted to his new position. While Kaidou was issuing the shogun's subordinates his ultimatum after beheading Orochi, Jizo was shaking from fear.
Abilities and Powers
Jizo appears to have been part of the main force of the Mimawarigumi, so he is likely quite skilled in combat, though he has never been seen fighting.
In the anime, Jizo is seen with a sword like the other members of the Mimawarigumi, and uses it to attack Hyogoro. It is not seen in the manga.
Wano Country Arc
After the Straw Hat Pirates caused chaos in Rasetsu Town following Shimotsuki Yasuie's execution and escaped, Jizo and the Mimawarigumi began patrolling the Flower Capital to provide extra security.
A week later, the Mimawarigumi accompanied Orochi to Onigashima to party with Kaidou and the Beasts Pirates at the Golden Kagura during the Fire Festival. Upon setting sail, Orochi decided to start drinking and Jizo advised him to wait until they got to Kaidou's dwelling, but Orochi ignored his advice and replied that Kaidou was probably drinking already.
During the festivities on Onigashima, Kaidou came out to the Live Stage to announce his "New Onigashima Project". When Orochi protested this project, Kaidou beheaded him. He then gave the Mimawarigumi and Orochi Oniwabanshu the ultimatum to join his pirate crew or die, and Jizo listened while visibly shaken. In response, the group's leader Hotei swore their allegiance to Kaidou. Jizo made a pitying comment about Orochi, but quickly accepted his new role as a member of the Beasts Pirates.
After Queen unleashed the Ice Oni virus and gave Scratchmen Apoo the antidote, Hotei ordered his allies to retrieve it. After Hyogoro had been infected by the Ice Oni virus and physically returned to his prime self, Jizo and the Mimawarigumi challenged him, but they were struck down by the former yakuza boss.
- Jizo vs. Hyogoro
- Jizo's name and appearance are likely a reference to Japanese Jizō statues.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 94 Chapter 951 (p. 4) and Episode 951, Jizo debuts as the Mimawarigumi patrol the Flower Capital.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 98 Chapter 986 (p. 6) and Episode 995, Jizo and the Mimawarigumi become part of the Beasts Pirates.
- One Piece Anime — Episode 995, Jizo is named in the credits.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 95 Chapter 958 (p. 6-7) and Episode 959, Jizo and the Mimawarigumi accompany Orochi to Onigashima.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 98 Chapter 985 (p. 18) and Episode 994, Jizo witnesses Orochi get beheaded by Kaidou.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 98 Chapter 994 (p. 13) and Episode 1007.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 100 Chapter 1006 (p. 12-13) and Episode 1022.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 100 Chapter 1007 (p. 2) and Episode 1023.