Jo is a man of average height with blond hair that forms large bangs around his face and is tied in a ponytail at the back. At Udon, he wore a standard prisoner outfit.
Jo has lost all hope and sees no reason to attempt to escape from the prison into the Wano Country ruled by Orochi and Kaidou. In the anime, he also showed himself to be a rather restless person, which forced Hyogoro to calm him down.
Abilities and Powers
In the anime, Jo wields a sword.
Four Emperors Saga
Wano Country Arc
- Jo, Hanji, Tetsu, and other prisoners vs. Monkey D. Luffy
- Jo, Tetsu, Hanji, Hyogoro, Cho, Yatappe, Omasa and Tsunagoro vs Juki, Goki and Gifters group
Anime and Manga Differences
In the anime, Jo reappears during the Onigashima raid with Tetsu and Hanji. The trio begin to feel anxious before landing at the island but Hyogoro advises them to relax. Jo also states that he admires the Straw Hat Pirates and the way they work.
Later, when Luffy and Zoro were unable to get to the rooftop, Jo, along with Hyogoro's team, set out to confront Goki, Juki, and the group of the Gifters. He is very surprised when Hyogoro starts laughing, but Hyogoro explains that he doesn't feel like they will fail as Luffy is with them.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 94 Chapter 948 and Episode 934, Jo debuts.
- One Piece Anime — Episode 983, Jo at Onigashima.
- One Piece Anime — Episode 947, Jo is named in the credits and closed captions.
- One Piece Anime — Episode 1000, Hyogoro's group confronting the Juki, Goki and the group of Gifters.