Shueisha announced the development of the game in February 2018. Jumputi Heroes was released March 28, 2018 as part of Jump's 50th-anniversary celebration. It is available on both Android and iOS devices.
As a puzzle RPG, Jumputi Heroes contains elements of both genres. Like an RPG, players level up their characters, and combat progresses in turns. However, the strength of characters' attacks is determined by how well the player can move and match colored icons. Matching certain icons can also engage Support Characters.
Jumputi Heroes is also a gacha game, so many characters are acquired in a lottery-based system. Others can be obtained from the games' levels.
Jumputi Heroes features characters from dozens of franchises across Weekly Shōnen Jump's history. Each playable character can be equipped as a support as well. Some are also enemies, but other characters only appear as enemies and are not playable. Additionally, the game incorporates individual panels from each manga series, in which all playable characters and many other characters make appearances.
The following characters who appear in the game are from the One Piece franchise.
- Monkey D. Luffy
- Roronoa Zoro
- Kung-Fu Dugong
- Donquixote Doflamingo
- Trafalgar D. Water Law
- Charlotte Linlin
Manga Panel Characters
- Anime News Network: Shonen Jump Characters Star in Jumputi Heroes Crossover Smartphone Game. February 5th, 2018.
- Official Tweet announcing the March 28th release date: . "iOS/Androidともに3月28日（水）配信です！" March 23rd, 2018.
- Official press release from LINE: (Japan) LINE Launches Jumputi Heroes – A Bubble-Popping RPG Based on Friendship, Hard Work, and Victory!
- Official Line Website
- ジャンプチ広報局（ジャンプチ ヒーローズ公式） (@Jumputi_Heroes) - Twitter (Jumputi Public Relations Bureau - Jumputi Heroes Official) [in Japanese]
- ジャンプチ ヒーローズ - Wikipedia (Jumputi Heroes Wikipedia Page) [in Japanese]