Kagero is a priest and samurai who allied with the Kozuki Family. After waiting 20 years for the return of the Nine Red Scabbards, he affiliated with the Ninja-Pirate-Mink-Samurai Alliance to raid Onigashima.
Kagero is a slim-looking old man with a bald head, a narrow face, a long chin, a long nose, small ears, and a wrinkled forehead. He has sharp eyes and a grey mustache that goes over his lips. Kagero wears a brown kimono with a tan armor plate on his chest, held up by a strap over his right shoulder. Despite his slight, frail appearance, Kagero is tall and muscular underneath his clothes.
Kagero is loyal to the Kozuki Family and was faithful for their return. He has as a strong fighting spirit and a vengeful will that he suppressed after becoming a priest.
Abilities and Powers
In the past, Kagero was allied with the Kozuki Family. After hearing Kozuki Toki's prophecies about the downfall of Kurozumi Orochi and the opening of Wano Country's borders, Kagero became a priest and waited for 20 years for the Nine Red Scabbards' return.
During the Timeskip
Wano Country Arc
After invading Onigashima and donning a disguise, Kagero joined Kin'emon's Eastern forces. The group split up at a brothel, and Kagero continued to follow Kin'emon across the bridge. The group heard someone from inside the brothel and all jumped in the water to hide, except Chopper and Usopp who were riding in the Brachio Tank V. After Luffy declared an all-out war on the Live Floor, Kagero and his allies abandoned their disguises and stood ready to fight the enemy crew.
Anime and Manga Differences
In Episode 909, Kagero makes a different initial appearance, walking through the Flower Capital before overhearing a classroom. He approaches it and listens from outside as Sarahebi teaches the students that Kozuki Oden and the Nine Red Scabbards were villains who were defeated by Orochi. Kagero becomes enraged but suppresses his emotions.
- His name and hidden, fiery spirit may be a reference to heat haze, (陽炎 Kagerō?), which creates an illusion from heated air.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 91 Chapter 920 (p. 13) and Episode 911, The Kozuki Family's allies reunite with Momonosuke after 20 years.
- One Piece Anime — Episode 909, Kagero eavesdrops on Sarahebi's class and becomes upset by her instruction in the anime.
- Vivre Card - One Piece Visual Dictionary (EX Characters: Wano Country Arc Vol. 3 #1295), Kagero is named.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 97 Chapter 981 (p. 11-15), Kinemon's Eastern forces split up at Woman Trouble and hide from Big Mom.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 95 Chapter 959 (p. 4) and Episode 959.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 98 Chapter 987 (p. 15).
- One Piece Anime — Episode 959, The Kozuki Family allies' meeting place is labeled as Kibi in the anime.