Katayoku no Taka (One-Winged Hawk) is the name of a character song for Shanks. The musical score appears throughout the early episodes of the series, up to the Loguetown arc. The lyrics are essentially sung in opera-style, with classical instruments such as the piano and violin being used for the musical score.
- Lyrics by Seiko Fujibayashi
- Music by Kouhei Tanaka
- Arranged by Hayato Matsuo
- Sung by Kazushige Shimura
|Japanese Kanji||Japanese Rōmaji||English Translation|
michitarita kokoro o shiranu mono
seijaku no kokoro o michibiite
umi o kirisaku
hanatareta unmei seoishi mono
sameyaranu kokoro o samasunoka
umi ni oritatsu
one that does not know a fulfilled heart
guiding the heart of silence
cutting through the seas
the one that chases after the destiny that was unfurled
perhaps to awaken the heart which won't wake
landing on the ocean
- Most One Piece character songs are sung by their Voice actor, this song like Talking Blues is sung by someone else other then Shūichi Ikeda.
- Because of the title involves the mention of a hawk, it is occasionally mistaken as a character song for Mihawk.