- "Kirakira" (キラキラ/きらきら?) is a Japanese onomatopoeia for sparkling (e.g. the shininess of gemstones/jewelry).
Strengths and Weaknesses
The fruit allows the user to turn into diamond, giving them a very tough body. As diamond is one of the hardest substances in the world, Jozu's defenses seem to enhance exponentially, and he is able to block the strongest slash in the world from the world's greatest swordsman, Warlord of the Sea Dracule Mihawk with no visible damage to himself.
One noticeable drawback is that when transforming into diamonds, Jozu seems to stiffen and has to turn back into his original form to move again depending on how much he converted his body into diamonds. Despite the immense toughness provided by diamond, the user is still susceptible to freezing. Other than that, the user is affected by the standard Devil Fruit weaknesses.
Jozu's fruit gives him the ability to greatly increase his offensive and defensive capabilities, as his already strong physical attacks are enhanced by the density of his diamond body. Jozu is able to act as an effective barrier to long-ranged attacks, only requiring to step on the way of their trajectory and letting his diamond skin absorb the impact.
This power is made even more effective, especially on Logia users, when Jozu uses Busoshoku Haki. Curiously, Jozu has yet to fully transform into diamond, always leaving a portion of himself un-transformed while in combat.
- Brilliant Punk (ブリリアント・パンク Buririanto Panku?): Basically a powerful tackle, Jozu rushes towards an enemy at high speed and slams the person with his diamond-transformed forearm, dealing damage and launching the target a fair distance back. This was first seen being used against Crocodile. This technique's name is derived from the diamond cut, "Brilliant". In the Viz Manga and FUNimation subs, its name is the same.
Video Game-only Attacks
- Cabochon Knuckle (カポションナックル Kaposhon Nakkuru?): Jozu's attack exclusive to the game Unlimited Cruise SP. It is a simple punch from the left, with his fist turned into diamond. Cabochon is a type of gemstone cut.
- Octagon Hammer (オクタゴンハンマー Okutagon Hanma?): Jozu's attack exclusive to the game Unlimited Cruise SP. Jozu holds his arms above his head, turns them into diamond, and slams them down on his opponent. Octagon is a type of diamond cut.
- Dispersion Impact (ディスパーションインパクト Disupāshon Inpakuto?): Jozu's attack exclusive to the game Unlimited Cruise SP. While on solid ground, Jozu smashes the ground, grabs a huge chunk of earth, and throws it onto his opponents. So far, Jozu has only thrown ice (he also throws ice in Unlimited Cruise, even when he is not standing on ice). Dispersion is a light phenomenon that occurs in diamonds.
- The fruit was not named until the sixth One Piece databook.
- It can be mistaken for a Logia-type due to the fact that Jozu can willingly turn his entire body into a different substance, something that distinguishes Logia users from Paramecia users; but it is a Paramecia type due to the fact Jozu did not reform his arm after it was severed. He also has not been seen producing or manipulating diamond outside the perimeter of his body, which is one of the base characteristics of Logia users.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 57 Chapter 553 and Episode 463, Jozu uses his ability.
- Vivre Card - One Piece Visual Dictionary , Information about Jozu revealed.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 57 Chapter 560 and Episode 469, Jozu slams into Crocodile.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 60 Chapter 590, Jozu's arm remains missing.
- Diamond – Wikipedia article on the substance this fruit transforms the user into.