The Kiro Kiro no Mi is a Paramecia-type Devil Fruit that allows the user to change their weight from 1 to 10,000 kilograms without, in any way, affecting the overall size of their bodies. It was eaten by Mikita, better known by her Baroque Works alias Miss Valentine.
- "Kilo" is the short version of Kilogram that multiplies a unit by a thousand.
- The fruit is known as the Kilo-Kilo Fruit in the Viz manga and 4Kids and Funimation dubs.
- The fruit is known as the Pound-Pound Fruit in the Odex dub.
- In the 4Kids and Odex dubs, kilograms are replaced by pounds.
- Japanese does not have an equivalent for the English letter 'L', instead words with the letter are pronounced using the the sound of the English letter 'R', such as in the name of this fruit.
The Kiro Kiro no Mi is a cylindrical pink fruit covered in thick swirls. It has a thick T-shaped green stem on top that curves up at one end. In general, it resembles a hooked weight.
Strengths and Weaknesses
This fruit's main strength is that it allows the user to change their weight at will. They can go from weighing 1 kilogram, light enough to float on the wind with an umbrella, to 10,000 kilograms, dropping with intense force to crush their opponents or shatter the ground where they land. At full weight, the user can kill or at least severely injury beasts as strong as dinosaurs.
Even with one's weight increased, it seems as though the user of the fruit can move normally, instead of being weighted down by their own mass. They also do not seem to be much affected by eventual collisions with the ground, sustaining minimal damage from their descent no matter how heavy they turn themselves. Meanwhile, with their weight decreased, the user can dodge enemy attacks from the ground with rather ease, simply needing to float away from their range.
Though the fruit grants the ability to change one's own weight, it does not seem to change the user's density or physical resistance against outside forces, since Mikita was knocked away unconscious by Nami and Vivi while weighing 10,000 kg before she could crash down on Usopp. In cases where the user attempts to drop down with extreme weight from a considerable altitude, a swift enough opponent can simply dodge the attack while the user crashes into the ground.
The Kiro Kiro no Mi is an inferior power compared to that of the Ton Ton no Mi due to the difference in body weight increase (specifically by 1000 times). Aside from these, the user is affected by the standard Devil Fruit weaknesses.
Mikita mainly uses her ability to change her weight to 1 kilogram, becoming extremely light to make high jumps assisted by her umbrella, and then increase her weight drastically to crash down and crush her opponents. Mikita has also shown the ability to jump high without needing her umbrella at all.
Mikita's ability is complemented by her partner's, Gem. Whenever the latter creates explosions, Mikita often takes advantage of their impact to propel herself high into the sky, from where she can prepare her own dive-bomb attacks on opponents right below her. While the results of this tactic can be quite devastating, it has the flaw of being easily avoidable since Mikita cannot change her falling trajectory while heavyweight.
Another possible use for this fruit includes torture. By sitting down on a downed target and then increasing her own weight gradually, Mikita can keep them immobilized while they get slowly crushed to death. This also leaves the target open to a quick execution afterwards, especially if she starts feeling annoyed or serious.
- 10,000 Kilo Press (一万キロプレス Ichiman Kiro Puresu?): First Mikita makes herself weigh one kilogram so she can use her umbrella to float above her opponent to aim her attack. Then, when she's directly above her target, she rapidly increases her weight to 10,000 kilograms and crushes her opponent flat. This is called 10,000 Kill-o-Press (a pun off of "kill") in the Viz Manga, 10,000 Pound Press in the 4Kids dub, 10,000 Kilogram Press in the Funimation dub, and 20,000 Pound Smash in the Odex dub.
- 10,000 Kilo Guillotine (一万キロギロチン Ichiman Kiro Girochin?): Similar to the 10,000 Kilo Press, only this time Mikita aims for the opponent's head or neck and she drops down with one of her legs extended, attempting to crush her opponent's head. This is called 10,000 Kill-o-Guillotine in the Viz Manga, 10,000 Kilogram Guillotine in the Funimation dub, and simply Guillotine in the Odex dub. This technique was removed in the 4Kids dub.
- Crescendo Stone (
強くなる石Kuresshiendo Sutōn?): A torture technique, Mikita sits on her opponent and slowly increases her weight, usually in intervals of 100 kilograms, until she crushes them like a bug. "Crescendo" is an Italian word which means "growing", in musical notation "crescendo" means that the notes are gradually getting louder. This move was unnamed in the Odex dub, and was removed in the 4Kids dub.
- While this fruit allows its user to change their weight, "kilo" is actually a prefix (for thousand fold) for many other measurements units.
- This fruit's superior, the Ton Ton no Mi, is named after the unit "Ton" which, in terms of weight measurement, roughly equals a thousand kilograms.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 13 Chapter 112 and Episode 66, Miss Valentine reveals that she ate the Kiro Kiro no Mi.
- One Piece Manga — Vol. 13 Chapter 110 (p. 13-14).
- SBS One Piece Manga — Vol. 79 (p. 100), Oda reveals Devil Fruit hierarchies.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 14 Chapter 126 and Episode 76, Miss Valentine tries to crush Usopp's head as a killing move.
- One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 14 Chapter 125 and Episode 76, Miss Valentine tortures Usopp by increasing her weight continuously.
- Kilo- – Wikipedia entry on the prefix.
- Weight – Wikipedia entry on ability controlled by Miss Valentine's Devil Fruit.